Clearing rocks

Nyx was not clearing rocks.

It was difficult to do that on your own.

Instead, she was kicking them, slamming her fists against them, screaming at them, in the midst of a violent tantrum.

It felt hella good to take it out on something.

She wasn't even quite sure what she was angry about anymore. The answer seemed to just be 'everything'.

"Stupid... Cave! Stupid... Boys! Stupid... Mirror-thing! Stupid... People! Stupid... Just stupid!"

She supported herself against the wall, breathing hard, before sliding down into a sitting position on the floor.
God, she'd needed to do that. Unfortunately, now she needed a drink.

Panting, she leant her head back against the wall, closing her eyes for a couple of minutes, enjoying the peaceful atmosphere that was away from the high running tensions of the main room.

"Nyx, can I please talk to you?"

Nyx sighed. "I did say you weren't invited, didn't I?"

She turned her head to look at him, shrugging in defeat. "Fine, but I'm not getting up. And if I want you to, you'll leave me alone after this, okay?"

He nodded, walking over to sit opposite her.

They were silent for a moment, neither quite looking at the other.
Finally, he broke the silence.

"I didn't mean for it to happen."

"Now, I have a question about that." Nyx cut in. "If you 'didn't mean it to happen, what did you mean to happen that could possibly be mistaken for wanting to kiss her?
And that's not a question for just you, by the way, but all people who use that cliché sentence to apologize."

"Can you please just let me explain without cutting in?"

"I'm afraid I don't think I can do that."

He glared at her. "I'm really trying here, cut me some slack!"

Nyx laughed darkly. "Cut you some slack? I don't think I've got anymore to cut, you've had it all already!"

She got up, heading towards the tunnel exit. "I just can't deal with this right now." She said, striding towards the opening.

In one fluid movement, he got up, grabbed her wrist and spun her around to face him. "Shame, because we are doing this now. And you are going to listen."