Shut up

Nyx glanced over at Maddie, and did a small double take when she saw her conversing in whispers with Luci.
Well, that probably didn't bode well.
Except Nyx was past the point of caring.
So what if Luci told her? Most of it sounded too unbelievable anyway.
And besides, there was no denying it was all going to come out one day. Why not today? Today was probably a good day for something like that, as Nyx was too numb to give a shit about what anyone said.

Speaking of which...

"Hey, Johnny-boy! I can call you that, right? Fuck it, I like it, it's sticking. Hey, Johnny-boy, come give us a hand here! Nyx and I are only tiny little women, and we're clearing the effing tunnel by ourselves!"

Well, Alysha bellowing at Sebastian definitely took your mind off everything else.

He strode over with almost mocking purpose. "Lady, why is it a fucking knife fight every time you open your mouth? I was doing the last job you screamed at me to do."

"And your point is... What exactly?" Her teeth twinkled like polished pearls in her over wide grin.

Nyx rolled her eyes. "Quit ribbing him. I know for a fact you're purposefully trying to aggravate him."

"What, you think I'm a naturally antagonistic person or something?"
She batted her lashes innocently at Nyx.
"Alright, fine. I'll stop. For now. But seriously, I need a hand."

Minutes later, the three of them were heaving their weight against a giant slab of rock that was blocking what was otherwise a pretty large tunnel.
Naturally, a pretty taxing task, which was not improved by Alysha alternating between being controling and bossy, and overly positive and chattery.
"Oi, watch it! It's slipping now! Hold it fucking steady!
Hey, Sweetheart, you're doing good, now turn it my way just a little..."

Sebastian shot Nyx and irritated look over the top of the boulder.
"Make her shut up." He mouthed.