|17|: The Penthouse Hotline Services

"Hi and welcome to the Penthouse Hotline. How can I make your day more super?"

"Uhm hi."

"Hi, there. How can I help you?"

"You're superheroes, right?"

"We sure are."

"Great. So, you know the attack that happened yesterday, will the villains be stopped?"

"Well, Ma'am."

"Please, call me Avery."

"Avery. The sole purpose of The Penthouse Hotline isn't only to give advice to people, its to stop evil from occurring on our streets. The Penthouse Hotline offers this support to stop injustice to our citizens."

"Do you know who did it?"

"Yes I do."

"Will you tell me, please?"

"..."

"I know it's all confidential, but please. I really would like to know."

"Some newbie that works in The Warehouse Hotline."

"I had a feeling."

"Don't worry, Avery. It's been taken care of, one of our superheroes showed this villain their place. It's all been taken care of."

Avery breathed out a sigh of relief.

"Lemme guess, harsh day?"

"You could say that?"

"Is that why you called. To know who did it?"

"Um, is it that obvious?"

There was a deep chuckle in the background. This one seemed more calm and relaxed, than any other chuckle she'd heard. Despite there being a villain attack, this superhero maintained their calm.

"Don't worry, we have many great citizens calling and wanting their city safe, just like you do. It's completely normal."

"Well, thank you for letting me know. It really helped me and settled my nerves."

Avery gave a sheepish chuckle, feeling a little more at ease knowing from where the villain attack happened. Despite the kidnapping, she was sure that the Penthouse Hotline had it under control.

"You're welcome. Any questions you'd like to ask?"

The friendly voice asked over the line as Avery thought for a second.

"By any chance do you know any villains from the Warehouse Hotline?"

"Um, I know a majority of the villains from there. Why? Is there one in particular that is bothering you?"

"No-no. It's just that the — do the Warehouse Hotline only sit and do nothing?"

There was another chuckle on the other end of the line.

"No, the Warehouse Hotline are completely different to those hotlines you see on television."

"How different are we talking about?"

"The Warehouse Hotline do their own villain activities. Some are under secret conditions, some are done for the public to see or most are done for the superheroes to catch."

"Who is your favourite villain?"

"Favourite villain?"

"Yeah, every superhero has a villain that they love chasing down."

"Well, one does come to mind. But I can't disclose their identity."

"What's your name? Or are you gonna say Hotline rules state you can't tell anyone."

"I'll tell you my name on one condition."

"What is this condition?"

"Sing a song."

"What? You must be kidding, I can't sing."

"Everyone can sing."

"Something else."

"I can't let that slide. Go on."

Avery contemplated with herself, what should she do? Make a fool of herself and sing to know this superhero's identity or put the phone down and be curious all night.

She took her chances.

"Swing low, swing chariot. Okay I'm done."

There was a deep chuckle from the other end of the line causing Avery to shake her head.

"See, I'm a terrible singer. Now will you tell me your name, Mr Superhero?"

"Mr Superhero. Hm, that's got a nice ring to it."

"I'm Sam."