|83|: I Missed You Too, Candy Cane

I'm sorry I haven't updated as much, my usual updating schedule will change to once a week and not everyday. I'm really sorry, due to me being busy — but I hope you enjoy this chapter.

By the way... we won another award! azulsea Thank you to everyone who supported this book, without your countless votes and contribution towards this book, that I wouldn't have expected to won a few awards has gotten good recognition.

I'm very thankful to all my readers and my friends. Thank you so much! Enjoy the chapter!

*

"Your family aren't under hostage by Destroy anymore, Hyde. We had found them in a dungeon in the southern part of Empire State City. They're safe now." Daxton Chase smiled as Hyde felt complete relief wash over him.

"Thank you, sir." He sighed as he shook a smiling Daxton's hand.

Hyde was standing next to someone, with a hood covering their identity as Daxton revealed his family. His eyes softened at the sight of them. His eye became weary as he saw their sight. Grime on them and cuts. He collapsed on his knees as his children and wife ran up to him. 

The other person standing next to Hyde turned the other way when someone pulled their hood down. Daxton was looking at his son, Daniel Chase.

Daniel stared at his father. "Your twin intuitions never change." He shook his head lightly chuckling. "If you're out, then you tell her to fill in for you, or she's out she tells you to fill in for her." He shook his head as Daniel shrugged knowing it were true.

"Come here, son." Daxton engulfed his son in his arms as Daniel was taken aback by this.

He slowly wrapped his arms around his father sighing in content. Almost as if a massive boulder had been pushed off his shoulders.

*

Chase was watching some TV when Xavier and Hunter entered the room. Evan had went with the boys home to do something.

"There's my favourite girl." Xavier pointed as Dianna cracked a smile.

"There's my favourite nincompoop." She returned as Xavier rolled his eyes and Hunter chuckled lightly.

"Hey, Hunter."

"Hi, Dianna." Hunter flashed a smile which caused Chase's heart to skip a beat.

She dismissed the action before Xavier placed food down on to Dianna's desk where she looked at it.

"Food. Hospital food is the worst." Xavier shrugged as he plopped himself down on the couch next to the bed and paid attention to the TV.

Chase opened the bag as her eyes gleamed in surprise. She looked up at Xavier and Hunter with a happy and giddy look causing the two boys to laugh.

"You got me, SFC?"

"Superhero Fried Chicken is always a winner. No brainer." Hunter nodded.

"At least it's one of the perks of superheroes. They save the day and work at Empire State City's most infamous fast food store." Xavier shrugged as the two nodded their heads.