|42|: Please. I Could've Taken You Down

Chase was out walking in the city, the city was eerily quiet today. She didn't take much notice as she was walking down the dark streets.

Her hands were stuffed into her pockets as she found the usual robberies occurring and people chasing the robbers down. Chase moved past an alleyway only to be pushed against the wall in the next.

Someone had their hand covered over her mouth, as she furrowed her brows, staring at the masked person in front of them.

"Don't. Say. A word." Chase looked at them as she could make out icy blue eyes.

There were people running past the alleyway, as Chase had caught on. This person was being chased. But what was the reason exactly?

Chase felt the person remove their hand off of her mouth as they moved back slightly.

"Being chased?" Chase spoke as the person stared at her nodding their head.

"You're not gonna throw a fit?"

"Please. I could've taken you down."

"What stopped you?"

"Did you really want to be unconscious so those people who are chasing you find you?" Chase responded as the masked figure shook their head.

"You wouldn't understand?"

"Try me."

The masked figure took off their mask as she noticed it was a boy around her age. He had jovial features and looked adventurous.

"It's not easy being a villain's nephew and being chased down constantly."

"You're a villain's nephew?" Chase arched a brow not seeming surprised.

"You don't sound surprised."

"Why would I be?"

"I don't know, usually people are."

"There are so many villains in this city being taken down by superheroes constantly. Nothing much of a shocker." Chase shrugged.

"I'm Devon."

"Chase." She nodded her head as Devon looked at her confused.

"What's wrong?" Chase asked calmly.

"Nothing, you seem kinda familiar." He thought as Chase cracked a small smile.

"I've got a familiar face, blue eyes." Chase responded as Devon shook his head a smile dropping onto his face.

"So, you're being chased because you're a villain's nephew. Which villain exactly?"

"Well, my uncle is-." He was interrupted by the sound of thunder, as water started dropping heavily down. Also to top it off, helicopters had flashed a light down on him.

Chase looked up before seeing Devon putting his mask back on again.

"Nice meeting you, Chase. But I gotta get back to my night job." With that, Devon took off running as police cars were chasing behind him.

*

Chase had already walked past many familiar routes, until her feet stopped at one in particular. She reached a familiar rooftop; already seeing someone seated at the edge of the building.

"Can't sleep?"

She heard the familiar voice say as she stood beside them slowly taking a seat next to them.

"You could probably say that." She breathed out as they both stared into the city. The midnight sky shone with thousands of stars, twinkling above the city, giving it the sense of hope and light.

"I heard you saved two people." Storm's voice sounded relaxing and soothing to hear.

"Where'd you hear that?" Chase asked as she turned to him slowly.

"Jingle told me." Chase nodded her head slowly.

"I know that you and Jingle, you have differences, but trust me. I didn't cheat on you." Sam sounded sincere as he said that, as Chase looked at him.

"Do you remember why this building is so significant to me?" Sam spoke as he turned to look away to the front again.

Chase looked ahead before looking down again, nodding her head slowly.

She felt Sam's gaze upon her as he collected her hand in his, looking up at him.

"It was where I asked you to become my girlfriend."