|67|: Run

This chapter is dedicated to @Soul41103, thank you for reading and making me laugh with your fourth wall comments!

*

So after a few more minutes with A. B Hopkins himself, Xavier, Hunter and Chase were on their way outside, they somehow ended up at the cave where Xavier slapped before falling into the underground lair.

"Well not spooky at all." Xavier shook his head.

"Uh, turn around." Hunter uneasily spoke as Xavier and Chase turned around to see three beasts smirking devilishly at them.

"Holy beast." Xavier breathed out.

These beasts were triple the size of the beast they had first encountered and these three looked vicious and hungry. Chase stared at the three beasts in the eyes, as she knew they were ready to attack, when Hunter's hand involuntarily moved upwards and slammed one of them down.

Chase and Xavier looked at Hunter surprised.

"I don't know." Hunter stared at his palms as there was a puff of blue smoke coming out of his palms again knocking out the other two beasts.

"Run." Was all he said as no one needed to hear it twice.

They all started running as fast as their legs could take them. It was difficult to see before in the forest because they didn't have any of their powers, but somehow — magically they all had some sort of powers that they never knew they had.

The three of them partitioned ways as each beast followed either, Hunter, Xavier or Chase.

Hunter had ran as fast as he could, adrenaline pumping through his body as he dodged branches and jumped over rocks and stones escaping from the beast.

He found a dead end as he saw the beast in front of him, so again he shot some of his mysterious powers at the beast cursing it to stumble back as he did it again making it fly across the forest.

"Woah." Hunter looked at his palms truly mesmerised by this small act before taking off again.

The second beast chased after Chase herself. She was zooming past trees as she could hear the beast hot on her heels. Looking for any clear paths, she felt herself pushed down.

"Oomf." She crashed onto the ground as she found herself in pine wood chipping. She turned her head to see the beast smirking at her, she tried to get up but the beast scratched her ankle with its deep claws, she yelped in pain, as her hand involuntarily formed a pool of water as it attacked the beast. She was surprised by this sudden power, before snapping out of her trance, pulling herself up.

She glanced at her ankle to see that the mark the beast left was disappearing quickly. She got up and started running faster and faster as she shot a whirlpool of water at the beast knocking him off guard.

Xavier was pulsing through the forest at a rapid speed as he was jumping and running over lots of things. He had to escape from this beast. It looked deadly and looked as if it hadn't eaten in days.

"Why do beasts enjoy chasing me?" He shook his head, remembering how in Grainger City, beasts would chase after him whenever they were hunting down vicious animals.

He had stopped and found a cave as he moved in quickly before the beast could find him. He kept his eyes focussed on the beast as it ran the other way. He breathed out as he closed his eyes. Turning to his right, he saw the beast smirking at him. He gasped as fire blew out of his mouth, causing the beast to back off instantly.

"Woah. Fire breathing power?" He thought to himself impressed as he blew fire once again, the beast running off upon seeing the fire.

Xavier started making his way out as he found himself near Chase and Hunter who were currently shaking their heads in a disapproving manner.

"How'd you think we got these powers?" Hunter asked.

"Beats me." The two turned to face Xavier. "But they sure came in handy." He nodded his head coming down the hill.

"Do you think it could've been A. B Hopkins?" Chase asked.

"It could be since, those goblets looked quiet suspicious. Do you think it was his idea?" Hunter asked curiously.

"Probably was, if it was him, he saved our butts tonight from getting tarnished by these sicko beasts." Xavier looked at the current beast on the floor that looked injured.

"It'll probably vanish." Xavier accurately stated as the beast vanished into thin air. "I'm pretty sure, A. B Hopkins had something to do with it. Since the guy is like a mind reader, if he knew we were villains." Xavier explained as Chase and Hunter agreed.

"I don't think we drank tea."

"Yeah, no kidding, Sherlock."

"No, I think we had an antidote - call it potion. It gave us powers when we needed it in the Forest of Mysteries. Last time we didn't have our powers." Hunter carefully explained.

"He's right. After our meeting with the author we did get attacked by three humongous beasts and we had powers to save us coincident? I think not." Chase agreed.

"Well whatever it is. We need to get out of here. This forest screams haunted and spooky to me." Xavier scanned the place before everyone started making their way back to the car, which wasn't that far.

Before Hunter could sit at the front, Xavier placed his bag down on the passenger seat. "Sit at the back." He smiled innocently as Hunter shook his head.

"Unbelievable." Chase was already sat at the back, with her head leaned back.

Xavier started driving off away from the forest as the soft sound of the stereo kept the car going, Hunter was looking out the window as he stared at his hands, the murkiness from the mud resting on his hands as he reminisced those powers he gained a couple of minutes ago.

It had been ten minutes in the car and it was going slow and peacefully which they all needed currently. Hunter felt something touch his shoulder, as he looked to the side to see Chase's head resting on his shoulder. He glanced at her to see she had fallen asleep.

He glanced up at the mirror to see Xavier was focussing on driving. Hunter didn't move fearing that Chase would wake up as he found the extra blanket, that Xavier used to keep in the back incase for stakeouts.

He placed the black blanket over Chase's body keeping her warm as he kept thinking back to the turn of events that occurred within the last two hours.

"What you thinking about?" Xavier asked noticing Hunter's state.

"Destroy." He answered, taking off his glasses squinting slightly, before placing them back on again.

"For what it's all worth. We did gain intel on him." Xavier explained looking at the top mirror.

"His plan but not his whereabouts." Hunter swallowed as Xavier nodded.

"Don't worry, once we found out his whereabouts he's going to rot in Gremlin Tower." Xavier promised as the two boys nodded their heads.