|27|: More Damage Than This? (MC)

I don't usually do A/N's but we hit 1K reads! Thank you to those who have read The Warehouse Hotline and have supported this book.

Telling me who is your favourite character and what your favourite moments are from this book. It means a lot. So, thank you.

*

"What do you want?" She faced Disaster, or known as Drew.

"I'm surprised you didn't ask me how I got in?"

"I'm not-."

"I know. I know. But do you know what else I know?"

"You're going to tell me?"

"You know me so well."

"Rumour has it, the villains are going to plan a bunch of attacks, that it'd take too many superheroes to chase around the city and villains will rule."

"City domination?"

"You're getting the hang of this."

"Of course I am. Villain knowledge is pulsing through my veins." Chase looked at her wrists, a wave of red electricity surging through her veins, showed that the villains should never be messed with.

"Even more why you should join in on the fun."

"You want me to join you?" Chase arched her brow as she looked at Drew.

"Come on, a beauty like you could use your villainous powers. Don't you want your revenge on the superheroes." He stepped closer to her, collecting her hand in his. "To what they did to you." Chase looked down at their hands before looking back up at Drew.

"Someone special like you," he moved a stray strand of hair away from her face. "Deserves to show their true potential." He placed his hand on her cheek, stroking her cheek with his thumb.

A flash of memories came flooding back to her as she shoved him off.

"Touch me and watch what happens." Drew chuckled lightly.

"Feisty, I like that."

"But think about this offer, sweetheart. After all, it's your chance to shine." He winked at her a smile crawling on to his lips.

"I heard what you did to the Underdog." Chase stared at Drew furrowing her brows.

"Must've taken some courage."

"How'd you know that was me?" Chase asked looking at Drew. She stood tall at 5,8 as she looked at Drew confused.

"Figured, it would've taken a true pro to have taken down the Underdog, but I also knew you had some enmity with him." Drew nodded as he looked at Chase.

"Face the facts, Chase. You're a villain. You might not admit it, but you are."

"A villain does more worse things than I do." Chase responded calmly.

Drew's eyes flicked from Chase to Chase's hands.

"Worse things, yeah?" Drew spoke as he picked up her hand this time realising the bandages.

"More damage than this?" He arched his dark brow at Chase who looked at him after moving her eyes away from her bandaged knuckles.

"A lot more." She nodded her head slowly.

His cerulean eyes twinkled amongst the dark, atmosphere; they were filled with hope and knowing.

"You've got skill, Chase. It'd be a shame to not see you out on the field, supporting the right team." They both looked at each other.