|46|: I'm A Villain

I'm going to post another chapter! We hit 2K reads! Woah! Thank you very much everyone to who supported and read from the beginning to where we are now.

Or those who are lingering in the corners and reading this. Thank you!

*

"I can't believe you met up with me for ice-cream." Avery gushed as Chase shook her head. They were currently sitting on top of an abandoned building roof and enjoying the night view.

"Don't be surprised, ice-cream is amazing." Chase answered as she licked her lips, the chocolate on her lip.

"First time I'm hearing compliments drop out your mouth."

"But I'm still surprised how you got ice-cream like this?" Avery looked at her beautiful delicacy.

"Like what?" Chase asked as she licked her chocolate ice-cream.

"You got ice-cream out of mid air! That's freaking amazing!" Avery squealed as Chase winced at this.

"Yeah, wish I could say the same about your squeals."

"Oh, Dianna. You're like a magician." Chase stopped licking her ice-cream and raised a brow at the sound of this.

"It's true, though. You gotta admit it's cool to make ice-cream from your bare own hands." Avery moved her hand into the air with her ice-cream cone as she saw the strawberry flavour dropping almost in slow motion. Chase continued licking her ice-cream as she spotted where the ice-cream was, Avery looking worried as it landed on top of a lamppost.

"Just like it's not cool to drop the ice-cream from your bare own hands." Chase relayed as Avery furrowed her brows.

"My ice-cream fell. Could I..." Avery looked sad before replacing her facial expression with an innocent looking face towards Chase as she looked at her.

Chase lifted up her hand as she squished her fists together and hovered over the cone in Avery's hand as strawberry ice-cream was falling from Chase's hand that was balled into a fist, the child-like look Avery gave when she saw the sight of ice-cream could make any mother happy.

Chase moved her hand as Avery squealed as Chase once again closed her eyes, wincing.

"Can you please stop doing that."

"No, it's so amazing that you have this hidden talent. I say your day job should be an ice-cream vendor."

"Not many people know about this talent." Avery looked up from her ice-cream.

"I feel honoured knowing that. It makes me feel special that you can trust me."

Chase chuckled. "Aw, Avery, don't get used to it."

Avery rolled her eyes, "there's the Dianna, I know and love."

"So, now that we're here, I've been meaning to ask you a question." Avery started off as Chase was looking ahead, licking her ice-cream.

"You're injured, what happened?" Avery asked slowly as Chase swallowed and shrugged.

"I'm a villain. I go through these things on a daily basis."

"Yeah, well I'm not a villain and I don't like seeing you in this condition." Avery started.

"What are you-."

"I care for you, Dianna. I really do." Avery continued as Chase turned to face her. "I don't know, but knowing you made me feel like I have a lot more fun in my life. You play the role of an older sister." Chase looked at Avery with softer eyes as she heard those words.

"And I care for you." Avery solemnly stated.

"I fought with my old friend." Chase began slowly, Avery's eyebrows furrowed the slightest.

"I had a friend named, Goodie." Avery furrowed her brows almost as if she'd heard that name.

"The guy that wears the green spandex and thinks he's a hero and all? Him." It clicked into Avery's mind as she nod her head.

"We used to be really good friends. Storm, Goodie and I. We were almost like —."

"The three musketeers?"

"I was gonna say Percy, Grover and Annabeth."

"They're awesome." Avery nodded her head.

"After I became a villain, Goodie and I's friendship drastically deteriorated. It was a horrible friendship. Worse than enemies. He had started hating me uncontrollably. Always making my villain time a misery. Wanting to fight me constantly, which he'd never ever done when I was a superhero." Avery listened intently as she nodded her head.

"Your ice-cream's melting." Avery looked down before realising the pink cream was dripping on her hand making her quickly lick the ice cream and wipe the excess away with a tissue, she pulled from her pocket.

"I didn't want to hurt Goodie. Being a villain gets time to get used to, I couldn't just strike at Goodie, he's my friend. Or was." Chase ended.

"Ever since I left, he tried making my life a misery. He hated me with everything he had and on top of that extra. He tried making my life miserable, but I knew he wouldn't stop, so I couldn't keep stalling forever. I knew Goodie wasn't going to treat me the same way I was as a superhero, so why should I keep blocking?" Avery nodding her head as she licked her lips.

Chase looked at her shoes that was hanging on the edge of the building. The cars that were rushing in line with each other as the traffic lights constantly changed colours.

"So then, I fought back, harder. Goodie wasn't expecting it, but he sure seemed a little ready. But still, he was no match. Now, whenever he sees me he tries to zap me or take me down, but we end up tying." Chase shrugged.

"This, Goodie. Do you still consider him as your friend?" Avery arched a brow as she cleared her throat.

"I do, but then I'm not sure. He can be a ridiculous shark, but underneath that facade of his, he's got this huge ego." Chase shrugged.

"Wow."

"But if you wanna hear the movie response, then, he is a good person, hence the name, Goodie." Chase nodded as Avery chuckled.

"Was he the one that did this to you?" Avery asked curious.

"The bloody knuckles? Slightly torn clothes?" Avery nodded. "Yep." Chase nodded her head.

"But I got some damage done too. If you see him in the air, slightly faltering or needing to constantly rest, then you know it's my work." Chase shrugged.

"Wow, it's hard being a villain and a superhero." Avery moved her hand as the ice-cream fell but this time, Chase caught it with her fast reflexes.

"And human, too."