|82|: You're So Cliché

Evan creased his brows slightly confused. "For what?" He asked confused.

"For helping me. From Premises 101, to here." Evan's sides slightly lit up.

"You don't need to thank me for that." He shook his head lightly. Evan glanced at Chase's hand as he picked it up softly.

"Like I said, when I first met you, you had this spark about you." He softly spoke. "You somehow pulled me towards you." Chase glanced at their intertwined fingers before looking up at Evan once again.

"The day of the annual party, you stood out to me." He looked down slightly hiding his smile as Chase couldn't contain her laughter as she let out a loose chuckle.

"It's true. You looked so beautiful." He looked up once again at Chase as they both stared at each other intently.

"Dancing with you made me feel like it was the two of us only. I know cliché but it was true." He truthfully whispered as Chase breathed out softly.

Evan swallowed as Chase licked her lips. "You make me laugh somehow whenever I'm around you." He gazed into those grey eyes of hers.

"I do?" Chase swallowed as she whispered.

They both looked into each other's eyes as Evan's eyes flickered to Chase's lips, before moving back to her eyes once again. Chase had done the same as they started to lean in slowly.

"I got the-." Evan and Chase closed their eyes as Evan breathed out softly, slowly pulling back, letting go of Chase's hands.

"Memphis!" Georgia and Avery's voice was heard from behind as they looked up at the curly, brown eyed villain.

"I interrupted, my bad. I'll just leave." Memphis backed up slowly as the girls went after her, giggling in the process.

"Well, that was expected." Evan smiled as Dianna let loose one of her own. She collected Evan's hand in her own as Evan glanced at their hands.

"You're sweet, Evan." He looked up at her. "But, I don't think you'd want to be with a battered up villain." She looked up at him as he looked confused.

"You'll always be special no matter what you are, Dianna. And I never change my opinion." He whispered the last part as Chase let out a small smile.

"You're so cliché." She shook her head letting out a little laugh.

"And you're sappy." He shot her a smile.

The both of them laughed at their stupid outbursts and continued to talk.

*

Chase had fallen asleep on a chair and Evan hadn't left her side as he had his elbow propped up and his head in his hand, fast asleep.

She fluttered her eyes open to see Hyde in front of her. She swallowed knowing he would come.

"I didn't mean to wake you." He whispered as Chase shook her head.

"Don't worry, you didn't."

"Wh-why did you want to see me? After everything I'd done to you." He asked looking ashamed.

Chase licked her lips as she spoke quietly for the both of them to hear. "Hyde, whatever you did, you had a reason." He looked up at her slowly.

"I-I know that you were forced to do-." She winced slightly as she sat upright, Hyde tried to help but Chase had managed.

"Whatever you did you were forced. Just like you were forced or brainwashed to help Destroy. He knew your secret and he knew what happened. So he took it to his advantage."

"He's a bad person, Dianna." Hyde swallowed harshly. "He almost took my family from me." Hyde had tears in his eyes as Dianna felt empathy riding up her back.

"I know, Hyde. I know." He assured him. "Whatever that psycho did was for city domination. He wanted to be an extreme villain, but he needed men that would help him."

"Now I don't know why Floyd decided to help-."

"Because he would get his wife back." Hyde cut her short.

"Wh-What?"

"Destroy had convinced Floyd that you had taken hostage of Floyd's wife, the fact that he totally brainwashed Floyd into thinking you're the bad person." He explained.

Seems like Destroy likes to blackmail his crew by taking away their family member or someone that means so important to them. Chase thought but continued on.

"But why?" Chase asked curious.

"Because everyone knows you're a top class superhero and villain." She scrunched her brows together. "So, he wanted revenge on you because he couldn't get ahold of your powers."

"Why does he want my powers so badly?" Chase asked quietly. "It doesn't make any sense."

"Your powers are the key to being powerful. Literally, your powers are used for gold by you, but they could be used for bad if gotten to the wrong person."

"But why are my powers considered like this?"

"That, only person can tell."

"Your father."