|59|: Gee Clarisse

Chase got up from her knees as she started making her way back to the hospital once again, entering the familiar bright-lit up place that usually smelt like antibiotics and coffee.

Breathing out, Chase moved to see Memphis step out of the hospital ward, just in time for her to see Avery.

"It's your turn." Memphis smiled lightly as Chase moved towards the hospital ward and entered to see a pale-faced Avery lying on the bed, she had IVs connected to her and looked sick and this churned Chase's stomach.

She made her way slowly to the hospital chair and took a seat.

"Why'd you do it, Avery?" Chase asked quietly, not receiving an answer.

"Why would you save me?" Chase shook her head.

Chase slowly reached out and held Avery's hand in hers the pale hand in Chase's dried up stained hands. Chase looked at Avery and breathed out.

"You're truly brave, to do something like this." Chase admitted. "I wouldn't have expected you to do something like this, Clarisse." Chase lightly joked.

"Get well soon, Clarisse. I actually miss you." Chase swallowed as she stood up ready to move when she felt something. Chase's eyes widened slightly, brows furrowed as she slowly turned her head to the monitor to see steady heart beats, before moving to face Avery herself.

Her hand was gripped onto Chase's index finger, Chase switched glances from her finger to Avery to see her rolling her eyes open slightly.

"Nurse!" She called, not taking her eyes off of Avery as the nurse ran in, Georgia, Memphis, Evan, Cameron and Logan running in behind as they saw Avery's state.

"She's awake... that's a miracle." The nurse breathed out as Chase took the seat again holding Avery's hand.

"Avery, you're awake." Chase happily spoke as Avery looked at Chase slowly.

The doctor came in with another two doctors as they studied her vitals and all before nodding their heads.

"We thought she'd be out for a while but, it's a miracle." The main doctor smiled as she left with the two other doctors and the nurse.

Avery coughed as Georgia rushed and helped Avery drink some water, removing her parched throat. The guys started thanking God silently as Memphis kissed her hands, as her prayers were answered.

Chase looked up thanking God, before turning her eyes to face Avery who looked a little lost by the group's sudden scared state.

"You scared us!" Georgia scolded her best friend as Avery smiled.

"I'm okay."

"You scared the life out of all of us." Memphis scolded once again as Avery smiled.

"I'm glad you're okay, Avery." Evan smiled a breathtaking smile catching Avery off guard.

"You scared all of us." Logan admitted.

"We're all just happy that you're safe and well." Cameron flashed a set of teeth as Avery swooned internally.

Chase caught ahold of Avery's swooning moment and smirked, stifling her laughter. Avery turned to face Chase as she noticed her blood stained hands. Grabbing a hold of Chase's left hand, Avery studied it with concentrated brows.

"What happened to you?" She worriedly spoke as Chase licked her lips.

"Just punched a brick wall." Chase lied smoothly.

"Chase, please don't lie to me." Avery quietly spoke as Chase looked at the girl she'd met a week ago and just knew she wouldn't want to be lied to.

Chase swallowed as she quietly answered. "I beat the trash out of the person who made you end up in the hospital." Avery looked at Chase and steadied her gaze to Chase's hands and exhaled.

"Are you okay?" Avery asked as Chase was taken back by this.

"I should be asking you this." Chase started off as Avery shook her head.

"You battled someone out for me... no one has ever done that for me. Thank you." She meekly answered as Chase listened to Avery's words.

"You risked your life for me. That's never happened before, especially since I'm a villain." Chase truthfully answered.

"Well, I look past that. I don't care if you're a villain or a superhero, you're my friend. That's all that matters to me." Avery responded truthfully.

"Gee, Clarisse, don't start getting soft on me now." Chase answered with a playful tone as Avery chuckled lightly.

"Great way to ruin the mood, Sapphire." She shook her head as the others laughed lightly.

Chase removed her hand from Avery's grasp and made her way outside, as she allowed Georgia and Avery to talk, Memphis remained back as Chase took a seat on the hospital chairs outside.

"Well, you finally gave him what he needed." Evan took a seat beside Chase as he gestured to Floyd who was being moved to another ward.

Memphis, Cameron and Logan had stepped out of the room to leave Georgia and Avery to talk in private.

Evan held Chase's bloodied hands and licked his lips before blowing on her knuckles as a barrier started to form. The blood was being removed. Memphis looked surprised by this newfound talent.

Chase stared at her hand as she glanced up at Evan who looked at Chase's knuckles, the blood disappearing slowly, as soon as the blood disappeared, Evan clenched his fists together as he opened them up again to see bandages in his hands.

He unwrapped the previous bandages and applied the new ones on carefully.

"Cool." Chase lightly looked intrigued as Evan let go of Chase's hands.