|48|: Premises 101

Dedicated to memacorn18 Membrane, you make me laugh and are one of my first readers. Since you love 'Sapphire' so much, this chapter is dedicated to you.

*

"Psst, Chase." Avery whispered as they reached a secret alleyway.

Out stepped a figure dressed in full on black, with a mask around their mouth, hood up and gloves on. Avery's and Georgia's breath hitched in the back of their throats.

The figure pulled their mask slightly down as Avery breathed out a breath of relief.

"It's only, Dianna." Georgia breathed out in relief.

Chase started walking as the girls followed behind her.

"Why are we here?" Avery asked quietly, cautious of this alleyway.

"You wanted my help." Chase stopped as she pulled off her glove and lifted her hand up onto a graffiti wall as it scanned her palm, surprising Georgia and Avery.

"She-." Avery stuttered as the graffiti wall opened slightly as Chase entered putting her glove back on again.

Georgia and Avery both looked at each other before following behind Chase as the graffiti wall closed once again. It was dark with smoke clearing on the floor, Avery grasping into Georgia's arm as the two girls were met with pure darkness trying to follow behind Chase.

They had reached a pathway where there was light, also finding Chase. They stopped walking as Chase lowered her head slightly, an interface scanning her eye.

'Access granted'

Chase moved back as another set of doors opened revealing more light, the room looked more expensively designed with a technological vibe to it. It was white but had some lights almost as if it were for a group of biochemists, bioengineers and other scientists sort of room.

Walking through, the girls eyed the room, it was quite a large room, before they continued to follow Chase. She stopped again in front of a woman who was at a desk in a white coat and thick rimmed glasses. She looked up at Chase as Chase lowered her mask as the woman gulped and typed away quickly giving Chase a card in her hand; walking ahead as Georgia and Avery followed behind.

"What was that all about?" Georgia mimed as Avery shrugged and shook her head, confused herself.

They had finally reached a door, labelled,

'Premises 101'.

Chase tagged the card on the interface as the doors opened up. Another door stood tall.

"How many doors?" Avery asked Georgia quietly.

"No idea." She shook her head.

Chase did a secret knock on the door as the door had a secret latch where it was slid to reveal a pair of brown eyes. They looked at Chase, then to the girls before narrowing their eyes.

"Open the door, Memphis." Chase's altered voice called as the door opened immediately. There as a whiff of smoke that flowed through the room as Chase stepped in.

Avery and Georgia breathed out looking scared before moving into the room with Chase as they saw a smoke falling from above them. A smoke machine.

The atmosphere looked dark, the room was massive as it had a lot of things: a pool table, vending machines, foosball, desks, computers, lounge area. It was far from being an underground drug gang, it looked more like an underground villain club.