|72|: Surprise

The girls made their way to Chase's house after collecting Memphis' dress along the way. Chase pulled down her hair as she found her blonde hair turn into waves. She shook her hair as she found Memphis take off her hat.

"This jack-." Memphis cut herself short. "-butt is getting on my nerves. First he follows a character plot and can't be original and now he seems to scare the big three villains. Who is Destroy and what is riding up his backside." Memphis shook her hair, the curly hair bouncing on her shoulders.

"I'm not sure, but we did get some information on this psycho. He's able to harness power like a Dominace." Chase recalled from the meeting with, Shiz, Dunk and Wreck.

"So, his story really does revolve around Acid. Doesn't it seem kind of suspicious that he's following this plot?" Memphis thought as she did make a good point.

If Destroy is following Acid's plot, it'd be expected of what he's going to be doing, as if it's a plan that's going well and smooth, anybody wouldn't do something like that.

"Unless if he's planning something." Chase thought after her train of thoughts.

"But what exactly?" Memphis asked as she started pacing around the room.

Chase was lost in thought when she heard her phone ring. She slipped out the black, sleek phone from her pocket and unlocked it to answer the call.

"Chase."

"Dianna?" She gritted her teeth once she heard that voice. She heard them continue. "I know that last encounter we had was in my office, but I was wondering if you're coming to the annual party?" She could hear the hope in their voice as she glanced at Memphis holding up her dress and admiring herself in the mirror with it.

"I am." She responded as she heard a sigh on the other end of the line.

"Great, I'll see you there." With that she ended the call, to only hear it ringing again.

"Chase."

"Dianna!" She closed her eyes with a smile upon her lips.

"Hello, Clarisse."

"Ah! You knew it was me." Avery grinned over the other end of the line as she was sitting on the sofa waiting for Georgia to get ready.

"How could I forget a voice like yours?"

"Aw, Dianna. You're making me blush." She chuckled at Avery's words, knowing that their small talks always made Avery happy.

Avery was this bubble of happiness and Chase was the complete opposite. Calm but amused. They clashed together in good ways, since Avery tried to control Chase from doing anything stupid and actually gave her the what to care. As well as Chase taught Avery to never take anything from anyone, be it, comments or anything. She had taught her to be more risk-taking.

Avery had a smile dancing on her lips as she looked down, her hair falling down with her, to hear Georgia's voice.

"Avery. You ready?" Avery looked up at her best friend and nodded her head.

"I'll talk to you later, Chase." Avery bid adieu as Chase ended the call, her attention focussed on Memphis.

"What are you doing, Memphis?" She amusedly asked.

"I'm admiring myself with this dress."

"That's covered with a plastic casing?" She arched a brow as Memphis rolled her eyes.

"Yes, love." Chase smirked at her friend.

"We need to start getting ready in ten minutes."

"Why? We have four hours left till it starts." Chase stretched as Memphis tutted at her friend.

"Dearie me. Chase! You are going to get ready in advance because you have to do your makeup."

"Try again." Chase looked at her friend.

"You need to do your hair."

"Try again."

"Extra time to prepare." She grumbled as the doorbell rang.

"There you go. Wasn't that hard." Chase looked amused as Memphis rolled her eyes.

Chase got up as she headed in the direction of the door to open it up with a chuckle, to be replaced with confusion.

"Avery."

"Surprise." She saw Georgia waving makeup bags and Avery doing the same with hair products, Chase turned around to face Memphis slowly who smiled innocently.

"Surprise."