|86|: You Look Familiar

"Are you from here?" Chase asked Grace.

"No, I'm from Adenview." She admitted with her hot chocolate in hand as they were at the local cafe which was actually empty for the first time.

"What made you come out here to Empire State City?" Chase asked adjusting her crutches.

"Well, uh. I'm kind of an adventurous person." Chase's eyes moved up to meet Grace's. "Plus. I'm like a number one on the hit list for the police." She shrugged taking two sips of her hot chocolate.

"Cool." Chase nodded her head.

"What about you?" Grace asked looking at Dianna.

"Well, I'm an ex-superhero and a villain. I'm considered a number one villain, so that's my life."

"Cool." Grace nodded her head.

"You look familiar." They both piped up realising something.

"Do I?" They both arched a brow.

"Yeah, I've seen you somewhere." Dianna admitted with her eyebrows scrunched.

"Are you in comic books?" Grace asked.

"Are you in newspaper articles?" Chase questioned.

The two girls nodded their heads in response. "Wow." Was all they could say.

"Can I get you two sisters anything else?" A barista came up to them as the two girls knitted their eyebrows together.

"We're not sisters." The two admitted in synch.

"Could've fooled me by the intimidating height and the same outfit colour choice." The girl shrugged as she walked off.

"I'm considered very dangerous in my city." Grace rolled her eyes as Chase's sides perked up slightly.

"You wouldn't believe me if I said the same thing." Grace looked up at the blonde as she said that.

The two girls had discussed about their lives in two different cities. One that seemed too familiar to one another that it made them seem to think alike.

"So Grace, what are you actually doing here?" Chase asked as they both reached Dianna's apartment.

"Um, well I'm searching for someone I guess." She took a seat on the black couch.

"Someone?" Chase asked confused.

"I kinda work with the police." Chase listened intently as she took a seat on the couch opposite Grace. "It's kind of a long story. Literally 53 chapters." Grace shrugged as Dianna cracked a smile.

"Trust me. I know how you feel. This is getting to 86 chapters." Dianna admitted with a sigh.

"What about you, Dianna?" Grace asked, slightly removing her cold demeanour.

"Um. I'm a super villain. Probably full time. I work at a Hotline. But I have the random calls on a day-to-day basis." She shrugged. "But like I said I was an ex-superhero." Grace listened to Dianna's choice of words.

"Do you like miss that life?" Dianna had been asked whether she missed being a superhero but never had she been asked if she ever missed the lifestyle. Surely, the lifestyle was different than to what she is currently now.

However, asked that question made her think back to many quarters or aspects of her life. Was she happy the way she was now? Even if it meant her risking most of her life. Or was she happier before? When she couldn't even become the risk taker she is today?

"I get how you feel." Grace's words somehow comforted Dianna as she looked up.

"You've been through something similar?" Dianna asked as Grace shrugged.

"When you mean similar, do you mean if I've been considered the quiet girl that seems dangerous and adventurous but has to be kept under supervision from the police because of my ways? Then yeah." She nodded as Dianna nodded her head.

"We relate so much, but I feel like you're life is somehow almost toxic." Chase admitted slowly as Grace scoffed a small laugh as she looked at her shoes before looking up at Dianna.

"My life may be something. But from your quietness I can tell yours is harsher and surreal."

"You do remind me of a mid-vigilante. In the morning you're a girl and then night you're a vigilante." Dianna cracked a laugh out of Grace, causing her to smile.

*

The two girls had talked over a series of time before Grace had to head out. They were so similar in many ways and shared problems but felt the need to talk it out. Maybe the best dose is to talk it out to a stranger.

Grace was a vigilante of her own kind.

Chase was a vigilante of inhumane activities.

Together they both were considered social toxic almost. They both credited towards society in different ways, despite their nice ways towards society and the backlash they face. These two girls resembled the way that women were treated previously. Harsh. Cruelty and all other possible ways to make women feel inferior.

Chase knew she wasn't going to let that happen. Not for only Grace and her sake but for all women who faced terrible consequences in villain world or superhero universe.

Either way. Everyone deserved the justice.