|53|: Not If You're A Villain

I came second place for the Short Story Category from the Malibu Awards MalibuGardner ! Thank you to everyone who constantly supported this book no matter how long or how short the chapters are. Don't worry, there is a lot more in store for you all. I hope you enjoy the rest of the book.

*

The four of them left the place as Danny decided to stay back. Memphis was reluctant at first but she came. They were currently walking somewhere, which Avery and Georgia had no idea where.

"Where exactly are we going?" Avery asked as she huffed a sigh.

"Somewhere." Chase curtly answered.

"You've said that seven times."

"Just like you have said that eight times." Chase responded calmly as Avery rolled her eyes.

They had walked for about another ten minutes until they stopped in front of a large house.

"Please tell me you aren't going to rob some rich snobs house." Avery looked at the beautiful but secured home.

Memphis' brows raised in amusement.

"This is actually Chase's house."

Avery looked baffled. Was she being serious? Avery looked back and forth from the big house to Chase. Blinking continuously still surprised over this new fact.

"Wow. I'm-."

"Speechless?" Memphis arched a brow as Avery nodded her head.

"I apologise for her behaviour, she's just a blabber mouth." Georgia gave a stern look towards Avery who looked down.

"I didn't mean you were a snob, I'm sorry." Avery sincerely meant it.

"It's fine." Chase shrugged as she pulled out her keys from her pocket.

"Wow, is this your ride?" Avery asked stunned as she saw a black Range Rover Sport parked beautifully. Chase nodded her head.

"Wow. It's so beautiful." Chase looked away as she unlocked the car and got into the driver's seat.

Avery and Georgia moved to the back as Memphis made her way to the front. Placing the keys into the ignition, the car felt cold and both girls knew it.

A few minutes later, Chase blasted the heater on as at first warm air came and engulfed the car.

"How'd you know warm air would come out and not cold?" Georgia asked.

"Simple."

"You're gonna say you have villainous powers and all." Avery rolled her eyes.

"I was gonna say if you wait a few moments then the cold air vanishes."

"Wow Avery, even I'm not that stupid enough." Georgia shook her head as Avery slapped Georgia's arm playfully.

Chase reversed out of the drive and started driving on the main roads. The area where Chase lived was more countryside vibe but also had the main aspects of city view. It was in the middle of both.

The way Chase drove was at a good speed for the girls to enjoy the view during the night, almost allowing them to pass out into a deep slumber.

Georgia had a hard time keeping her eyes open as she drifted off into a sleep, her head resting on Avery's shoulder. Avery draped her jacket over Georgia as Memphis handed a blanket to her.

"Here, Chase keeps a few blankets in her car in case for road trips."

"You go on road trips?" Avery whispered excitedly.

"Chase's road trips are THE best. She literally makes you have a great time." Memphis praised as she chuckled.

"Chase. We have to go on a road trip together."

"We'll see, Clarisse. Pass out for a while. It's gonna be a little while until we reach the place."

"What do you mean, it takes around five minutes to walk there."

"Not if you're a villain." Memphis answered mysteriously as Avery was too tired to be curious.

"Rest up, kid." Chase breathed out softly as Avery's eyes dosed off.