|69|: Superhero Colours

Chase stared at Goodie for a good few moments, realising what he said, before turning away.

"What are you taking about?" She asked him.

"There's no point in hiding it, Chase. I saw the way you and Memphis came into my chamber wanting the file of Hyde's. You cared for that mortal friend of yours. I've never seen any villain care so much for someone like that." He gazed at Chase as she shook her head.

"I don't-."

"You can keep denying it, Chase. But it's the truth. You cared for that girl. You didn't want her to die. What's so special about her?" Goodie asked curious.

"She risked her life for me." She answered quietly.

"Wow. Never seen any mortal do that for a villain before." Goodie seemed surprised. "But, I guess she kept you in check somehow." Chase looked up at Goodie slightly confused. "She showed you, your true colours."

"Superhero colours."

Chase breathed out softly as she stared at her knuckles again.

"One thing hasn't changed about you, Goodie."

"Oh yeah? What's that?" He asked amused.

"You're still the same person that gets me."

For the first time in a long time, Goodie and Chase smiled at each other, the comfortable talk they had proved how much they had a great friendship.

*

"Georgia! Georgia! GEORG-."

"What!" Georgia popped her through the door, her hair flying to the side.

"I want a refill of popcorn." Avery spoke glancing at her best friend then back to the TV.

Georgia had a deadpan look on her face, grabbing the nearest pillow she aimed at Avery as it hit her right in the nose.

"Ow! Georgia!" Avery whipped her head to her best friend as she smirked at her.

"Get it yourself, Avery." Georgia was off as Avery groaned.

"Ugh. Why'd you have to do this to me for, Georgia?" Avery trudged her way to the kitchen as she emptied the popcorn bag and dumped the contents inside.

She thought about the turn of events today and knew she should be resting but she couldn't get a wink of sleep. She sighed as she took the red bowl back to the living room with her.

Sitting in front of the television and watching re-runs of The Flash. She sighed before picking up her phone knowing it'd be late, but tried anyways.

"Hey, mom how are you?" Avery asked on the other end of the line. "I know it's really late, but I just wanted to say how are you and dad? Tell Aunt May I said hi and I miss her cookies." Avery chuckled.

"Take care and don't worry about me. I'm with Georgia." Avery smiled. "Okay, goodnight. Take care." With that Avery ended the call as she knew her parents would see the voicemail when they woke up.

"Hey, what are you thinking about?" Georgia came in to the room slipping her phone into her pyjama trousers.

Georgia had her own apartment and loved this place. Of course she had her parents helping her at the start, but she caught a job whilst she studied. Truth to be told, Georgia's apartment looked beautiful, it wasn't tiny, but wasn't too grand either. It was quite spacious and had the necessities which made Georgia happy.

"Just dropped my mom a voicemail. Wondering how they all are." Georgia smiled in response as she nodded her head.

"Well, I'm sure they're fine." Georgia bit her lip as she was lost in thought.

"What's wrong?" Chase caught on.

"Hm, oh nothing really." Georgia shook her head as Avery gave her a flat expression.

"What's really on your mind?" Avery asked as Georgia softly sighed.

"When, Dianna promised she'd look out for me I really believed her. She gave me this sense of hope and understanding." She swallowed.

"Dianna promised me and I never hesitated once or I didn't doubt that she wouldn't protect me." Avery smiled at her best friend.

"Well, she does give a sense of security."

"That's true." Georgia nodded. "She's like the older sister, y'know?" Georgia tilted her head slightly with a slight titled brow.

"I know what you mean. Dianna gives the taunting feeling of the older sister, but the protection of one as well. She's too funny." Avery giggled.

"You got that right." Georgia joined in.

"But what I really love about her is that she's steel like armour on the outside and on the inside, she's as hard as diamond, but shines when she needs too." Avery admitted. "How did we get so lucky to have someone like her?" Avery thought.

Georgia responded with a bright smile.

"Whatever it was, she filled my life with adventure and jests."