|35|: We Finally Meet

"Sapphire?"

"Clarisse." Chase answered simply.

"You-you're Sapphire?" She asked baffled.

"Well, Chase is my name."

Avery studied the talk blonde haired beauty. She had this mysterious and confident-calm aura about her that couldn't make Avery turn away. An intimidating height of where she stood tall at 5ft 8, looking powerful as ever. Her grey-green eyes held mystery and calmness, that if you stared into them you'd get lost and your miseries would disappear.

"Wow. We finally meet." Avery gulped.

"Don't go all sappy on me now, Clarisse." Chase narrowed on eye slightly with an amused expression.

"I'm sorry. I- I shouldn't have judged you like that. I did it out of fear and by doing so, I lost a friend that I had made. I know I'm not worthy to be forgiven, but if you did I'd be happy. I know that judging you was the worst thing I've ever done and — I'm sorry. I really am." Avery sighed feeling two boulders rest on her shoulders uncomfortably.

There was a small pause as Chase looked at Avery before breathing out softly.

"I forgive you. I don't hold grudges, kid." Chase shrugged as within seconds Avery had her arms enraptured around Chase, tightening her in a bone crushing hug.

"Thank you-thank you-thank you! You're the best, Sapphire— I mean, Chase!"

"Er." Chase began as Georgia shrugged.

"She won't let go until you hug her back."

Chase's arms slowly wrapped around Avery before she let go quickly.

"I will never do it again. I promise!" Avery promised as Chase nodded her head.

"Okay. Okay. Relax."

Avery composed herself before smiling brightly.

"Oh, this is Georgia, my best friend." Avery smiled giddily as Chase's eyes flickered to Georgia who smiled in response.

"Nice to meet you."

"You too." Chase gave a curt nod.

"Now that we're here, face to face. Will you tell me your age, now?"

"I'm twenty."

"We're not that much of a difference of age from each other."

"But you still get grounded." Dianna smirked as Avery closed her eyes for a second before shaking her head.

"Hey, in my defence I don't get grounded... as much." Avery looked away.

"Whatever you say, Clarisse." Dianna nodded her head.

"You don't look twenty." Avery studied as Chase arched a brow. "You look fifteen." Avery nodded her head.

"Flattered."

"Yeah, you do look young. Like REALLY young." Georgia piped in.

"I've been told." Chase simply answered calmly.

"So you work at the Warehouse Hotline and are a villain? How do you juggle everything?" Avery asked curious and surprised.

"Well, there are a lot of people that work at the hotline. Some who are on probation or are retired/lost their powers. There are others who are full-time villain. The ones who are always doing the work. The Warehouse Hotline are almost as the behind the scenes." Dianna shrugged.

"Wow, never knew villains were such busy people." Georgia spoke up.

"Hollywood show the let's say, 'glamouring' part of villains." Dianna phrased as Georgia nodded her head.

"There's a lot you don't know about villains." Dianna noted.

"I'm guessing you won't ever tell us?" Avery tried as Chase shook her head.

"Villains are so discreet and dangerous."

"There's a lot more that you don't know."

*
So I added a cast list, but you can totally think of different characters whilst reading.