october 21 pt. 2

josh's room might as well be the tidiest in the whole house. he is not that organized, but he likes to feel like his space is neat and arranged.

"whoa. your room's so clean and pretty,"tyler says as both boys go inside. josh closes the door and puts his backpack on his desk's chair.

"thanks. i try."

tyler smiles faintly and sets his bag on a side of the same desk. he awkwardly sits on the bed and sighs. "you wanna start the project now? we've got a lot of planning to do."

"no no. i'd like for us to talk a little bit before we get worked up. i want to know more about you,"josh sits beside his guest and nudges at him.

"there's not much to know about me.. i'm pretty boring and my life is average."

yeah right. your life is nothing but average, josh says inside his head where no one can hear that but himself.

"c'mon. i'll take anything. even if it's something like your favorite season of the year."

"well- i'm an only child. i like the color blue, my favorite season is autumn. i think gender rolls are stupid, i'm a feminist.. that's all i guess."

josh is not even near being satisfied with this answer. "alright. i'm the oldest of three children. my favorite color is purple, the season i like the most is summer. gender rolls are stupid, i'm a feminist too."

"good to know!"

"wait. what are your pronouns?"

tyler looks shocked at the question. he certainly didn't expect it to be asked. "m-my pronouns? um.. he/him are okay. why'd you ask?"

"i wanna be correct when i use them. it would suck if you go by 'she/her' and i didn't even ask about it."

by the smile on tyler's face, he seems more than pleased with the explanation. "t-thank you. what are yours?"

"he/him as well. i'm a manly man!" josh flexes and smirks, getting his new friend to giggle and blush slightly.

"so manly." "manliest of them all."

they keep eye contact for only 5 seconds before erupting in laughter. josh adores tyler's laugh. it's like an angel's would be, only that it is. he also adores how cute his face is when he smiles.

"okay okay,"josh says as he dries his tears from laughing so hard,"what's your favorite show?"

"hm.. rick and morty? maybe friends?"

"i love rick and morty! it's so good!"

tyler gasps in astonishment,"the best show ever!"

"hell yeah!"

"is there anything else you'd like to know?"

"i can't think of a good question so, nope! we can get back to the project now."

they get their backpacks and sit on the floor near the bed. tyler takes out the assignment sheet, a pen and a notebook to write things down.

josh is very careful not to accidentally show the journal. he only gets out the history textbook, for references. "alrighty, where do we begin?"

"we have to divide the work equally between us. neither can do all the spoken thing or the rest all by themselves. the 3d map will probably be the easiest thing to do. i can bring the materials to school tomorrow; we can work on it during lunch and free period. the presentation, obviously will be done in powerpoint. it has to be more than 5 slides, we can include graphs and many pictures so it doesn't look all cluttered with information.

"we should just have a few key points there and explain it all orally. speaking of, the paper says we can use cards to help remember things. we can also put key points and explain it with our own words,"tyler explains as he writes his plan down on his history notebook with the blue inked pen. he has a beautiful handwriting, josh says to himself.

"that sounds easier said than done,"josh mumbles as he stares at the now filled notebook page.

"i know, but trust me, with this plan, we'll get a perfect grade."

"even if mr. jefferson is the one grading it?"

"i guarantee it!"tyler smiles, his eyes sparkling with anticipation and full of life.

josh can't believe this beautiful, happy boy is the same that writes about craving death in his spare time.

"cool."

„"„

josh feels empty when tyler leaves. they made progress with the planning, if you don't count the hours spent on goofing around and having fun.

he has never enjoyed someone's company so much before. even his friends got annoying and dull once in a while.

he opens the journal to see the dry, yet still radiant looking yellow tulip. "a beautiful flower for a beautiful boy."

he remembers that mrs. patrick, his neighbor, has some flower sales every once in a while. her garden is way prettier than brendon's, by a lot. so many kinds of flowers grow in both the front and back yards. surely she must has yellow flowers.

he is planning on buying tyler a bouquet the next time he comes around.

"a beautiful bouquet for a beautiful boy."

{🌹💌🌹}

i really love this story

this chapter was wholesome???

dodie will have a new ep!! i'm excited!!

-alaska x