december 10

update!!

hey guys!! there's no poem today but i wanted to talk to you guys about something. for the last few days, i've been seeing this guy. i met him at the lgbt center in my town. he's so sweet and super nice to me.

i won't reveal his name to keep his identity a secret. anyway, we have been talking and he asked me out on a date! a real, actual date! it's my first one ever. i'm so excited for it. he's gonna leave town for the holidays so the date'll happen tomorrow.

not sure about what we're doing yet, but even if it's just going for coffee i'll enjoy it. i can finally get my mind off things like work and other stuff. obviously i'll tell you how it went and almost every detail i can!

see you tomorrow!!

-tyler

amxty-: that's so cool!! is it the same guy you write your poems about? bc if it is then that's amazing
toalltheeyesinmyroom: nope. this is a completely different guy.

„"„

by 5 pm, josh and brendon have everything set out for their road trip. lily, brendon's former nanny, is already all set to stay until they come back. she doesn't mind looking after the house; that was a part of her job when brendon was younger anyway.

"i promise i'll pay you for this," brendon repeats for the hundredth time. he keeps insisting on paying her for this, but she refuses to accept a payment.

"no no. you know i would do anything for you, brenny. this is just a favor."

"are you sure?"

she nods, a big, warm smile on her face. she kisses his cheek, causing his cheeks to immediately blush. as much as he loves his actual mom, lily will always be like the mother he never had: caring, sweet and does spend time with him instead of sending money for groceries. lily is his surrogate mother, to put it neatly. "of course. now, you should be leaving. i don't want either of you driving during the night."

josh comes back from the car, finally done with packing the luggage and food in the backseat and trunk. "thank you so much for this, lily," he says with a kind voice. he also has a soft spot for her, being that he spent a lot of time over at brendon's when they were little kids. he was so scared of telling her the reasoning behind the road trip, but just like mrs. patrick, she was super supportive. she even asked to know more about tyler, and obviously josh told her everything about him.

"don't even mention it, joshua. it's my pleasure. anything for my two favorite boys, and love too."  she hugs them and gives each a kiss on the cheek. "be careful on the road, alright? don't talk to strangers and always stay together."

"we will," brendon replies, his fingers playing with the car keys already.

they say their goodbyes and get in the car. brendon starts the engine, setting up the gps to the first city they'll stay in for the night. "bye, lily!" josh smiles gleefully, waving at the lady on the doorstep from his rolled down window.

lily waves back at him, her smile still radiating pure joy and kindness. "bye, boys! i hope you find your love, joshua!"

"i hope so too," he mumbles to himself as his friend presses on the gas and they drive further away from the mansion. he sits up straight, putting on his seatbelt and looking at brendon, hope filling his eyes. he didn't notice that brendon's playlist was playing through the speakers until he saw him mouthing the lyrics to the songs.