My Money's on the Assassin

The arrow was flying right towards us. I ran ahead of them and grabbed it before it could hit Mick before I threw it back at him. The guy in the green suit jumped down from the car as the arrow hit it causing it to explode. Mick got his gun out and fired at Merida. He moved out of the way before he grabbed another arrow and shot it towards the roof. I guess it was like a grappling hook because he was lifted off to the air. Man, imagine if Allison was like that.

"Get back!" Rip yelled.

We all scurried away as he tried to drop down. We hid behind some cars as Green Hoodie started firing more arrows. I hid behind another car with Jax and Snart.

"This guy a friend of yours? I don't like him," Mick said.

I looked up to see where Greenie was at, but quickly ducked back down as an arrow flew by my head. "This is insane," I growled. "There's eight of us against one of him. Let's fight back." I've dealt with hunters my whole life, there's nothing this guy could do that I haven't already dealt with.

Snart got up and started firing at Greenie. Rip began firing his gun, but the guy kept dodging every single blow. "What are you doing?" Sara asked.

"It's called shooting back," Rip replied.

"This can't be the Green Arrow," Kendra said in disbelief.

I gave them a look. "Really? Out of all the names you could give him. Green Arrow." What's next, a guy dress in red and they call him Red Arrow?

Fine, Green Arrow jumped up from one of the crates and fired at Kendra and Ray. He shot another one at Jax and me, but I caught ours before they could pierce our hearts. "Thank god for werewolf reflexes," He breathed.

"That's not Oliver Queen," Sara said as Rip tried to shoot him.

The guy jumped on another car and shot two more arrows at Mick and Stein. "Sure dresses like him," Ray said.

Mick shot his gun, but Green Arrow rolled out of the way. He shot two more arrows at Jax, Snart, and I. "Shoots arrows like him," Snart added.

Jax looked at us in panic. "Well, whoever he is, I don't plan on sticking around to get shish kebabbed by this dude."

I looked behind me to see the man on the car now. "Trust me, from experience, it hurts getting an arrow to the knee."Or the shoulders. Or the chest. I grabbed one of the broken block on the floor and threw it at him. Green Arrow moved out of the way before he jumped on the ground.

Mick agreed with Jax. "Kid's right. Let's stay behind and kill him."

Snart got up and fired. The guy jumped on the box, spun around before shooting another arrow. "We need to return to the ship!" Rip yelled.

We all agreed and ran.

》》》》

You know I'm glad Allison's not here. The Green Arrow has better archery skills than her. He, alone, could put her family out of business. What confused me the most is that this is Star City in 2046. If the destruction of Star City wasn't suppose to happen, how did it?

"All right, Rip. Tell us the truth," Sara demanded as we head back inside the main room.

Rip looked very annoyed. "You've all seen how the timeline is malleable - in flux until it is set. Well, this future is not set." One of the lights flicked on an off. "Remember when I told you it was dangerous for any of you to know too much about your own futures? Well, the events that you dread could very well come to be due to your actions to prevent them."

"You know what I think? I think you think too much," Mick said which caused me to snort.

"Believe me when I tell you that the best thing for yourself and for this mission is to make the repairs to the Waiver here in 2046 then head back to your own time and make sure that none of this ever comes to be."

So we separated after that. Well, they did. I stayed behind because I need to know something from Gideon. I'm not looking towards my future, but I just need to know. I placed my hands on the monitor. "Gideon, where is Derek Hale in the year 2046?"

"I am sorry, Miss Hale. Rip has advise me to not mention anyone's future unless it's commanded by him."

I gripped the monitor. "I don't care what Rip says. Now I will rip your wires cross unless you tell me what happened to Derek Hale." If Sara, Rip, and Snart got a look into their future, past in Snart's case, why can't I?

Gideon suddenly show me Derek's profile. "Derek Hale is pronounced dead in 2016."

My breath got caught in my throat. Derek died back at home. It can't be. "How?"

"Miss Hale -"

"How?!"

Gideon began looking through the files. "Cause of death....cut through the waist by the Darach." My grip on the table got tight. It's the same creature that tried to kill me. "Miss Hale, I must inform you that this future isn't -"

I cut her off by turning off the monitor. I'm stuck here while Derek is over there. I should have stayed with the pack instead of coming here. I could be with my brother right now and help Scott and his pack. Maybe I should have left when I had the chance.

》》》》

I kept my face as blank as possible as I made my way towards the weapon room. Rip wanted me, Snart, and Mick to break into Smoak Technologies to steal some kind of prototype thing. Why do I always get stuck with Thing 1 and 2?

I was making my way down the hall until Sara started walking next to me in her Canary outfit. "What are you doing?" I asked with my eyebrow raised.

"I'm coming with you," She said.

I just shrug my shoulders. "Ok."

She seemed shocked. "Ok?"

"It's your home, you want to protect it. And I don't want to be stuck with Dumb and Dumber for this mission."

We made it to the weapons room and I leaned against the wall. Sara grabbed her coat. "I'm coming with." I crossed my arms and started inspecting my nails.

Rip shook his head. "No, no you are not. You're too emotionally connected to the city. We've been over this."

"I'm over you," She snapped. Ooh, trouble in paradise. "You got us on a mission to change the timeline for yourself. And you won't even let us look at our own futures? Now, I know this city better than anyone else, and you're gonna need me out there." I smirked when she took a threatening step towards him. "So, either I'm coming with, or we can find out if the Time Masters are as good at teaching people to fight as the League of Assassins."

I leaned closer to Snart and whispered, "My money's on the assassin." He just smirked as we watch Rip. What will he do next?

 Sara gave him a challenging stare before Rip gave up and opened the door for us. I knew I should have bet money on this.

》》》》

A/N: Derek died! WHAT?!?!?!