Trouble In Paradise

There was no word from Jax, so Rip, Snart, and I had to drive through town to look for him. I had my head out as I tracked Jax's scent past Lovers' Lane. "Take a right," I instructed. Rip did as instructed and I glared at Snart when he opened his mouth. "Not one word."

"I didn't say anything," He argued.

"Well, you were thinking about it." Jax's scent was replaced by someone else. "Stop!"

Rip skid to a stop. I quickly jumped out and ran towards the car as the smell of blood hits my nose. I stopped in front of the car window to see a girl, Betty Seavers, with her neck all torn, barley breathing. Rip and Snart stopped next to me.

"Well, it seems you had good reason to be concerned for Mr. Jackson's safety," Rip told Snart.

"Yeah, sucks being right all the time," Snart commented.

I went over and ripped the car door open. I pulled the girl out and began running towards the car. "How about you two just shut up and get your asses over here before she bleeds to death."

"Can you still catch Mr. Jackson's scent?" Rip asked.

I shook my head. "I can't. Her blood is covering it."

"Well, there goes our lead," Snart said as they reached the car.

I glared at him from the backseat as I held the girl's bleeding neck. "Oh, like you could have done a better job."

I removed my hand to see a few claw marks on her neck. I furrowed my eyebrows, these aren't wolves. They looked more like talons.

》》》》

I even told them that when we went to the med-bay. "Those are talon marks. Something tried to rip her apart. They - it probably got Jax."

"We don't know anything just yet," Rip said as Gideon started to tend to her wounds.

Stein came in the room. "What happened?" He asked.

"I don't know," Snart answered. "But I'm guessing Jax and Peggy Sue had a pretty lousy first date."

I scoffed. "Like you would know a lousy date even if you got hit over the head." I let out a bored sigh. "You're probably the cause of it anyway."

Stein looked around the room for his other half. "Where is Jefferson?"

Oh, this is going to be fun to watch. I crossed my arms. "That's easy. Whatever attacked the blonde snatched Jax. And like I'm telling these two idiots that this thing has talons." I gave Rip a look. "Not a knife."

He gave me an annoyed look. "We don't know for sure."

"I'm afraid Miss Hale is right," Gideon piped up. I smirked at Rip in victory. "These lacerations were made by talons."

"I'm starting to like you more and more Gideon," I said. Never underestimate the wolf.

"It was Tommy," Betty gasped out. The team gave each other confused looks. Tommy Fuller, the missing teenager. "He was like a bird. He - he was like a bird monster."

"Captain, analysis of Miss Seavers' blood reveals traces of silicate minerals," Gideon informed us.

Rip got closer to Seavers. "Miss Seavers, do you recall Tommy coming into contact with a meteor of some kind?"

"The car crash...it was - it was glowing," She mumbled before she passed out.

Wait, what? "What was glowing?" I asked.

"She's talking about an Nth Metal meteorite," Stein answered. The thing that made Carter and Kendra what they are?

"Say something that makes sense," Snart practically snapped. I rolled my eyes. Of course he wouldn't know.