They're Still Beautiful

My chest hurts. Everything hurts. I haven't looked at the team since we destroyed the Oculus. Since we lost Snart. And it hurts the most knowing that I'm the one who killed him. 

Rip slowly lowered the Waverider to the exact same place he picked up us. Star City. The place where everything started. I kept my best blank face as the team and I got out of the ship. The only difference was that I could only hear five heartbeats instead of six. I don't know why Ray decided to use his hologram, but I'm so out of it, I didn't say anything to the team.

"What are we doing back here?" Mick asked.

"Savage has a timeship, courtesy of the Time Masters," Rip began. No shit, Sherlock. "The timeline is unclear, due to our destruction of the Oculus, meaning Savage is lost to history. Which is why I brought you all home."

Home? Why? Our mission isn't over. That bastard Vandal Savage needs to die. And preferably today would be the better.

"Mission's not over, man," Jax stated.

Ray nodded. "Jax is right. We've lost Savage before. We'll find him again."

"And then what?" Rip argued. "We have no way of killing Savage, particularly now that Kendra and Carter are in his possession, assuming that they're still alive, which is highly unlikely."

"So that's it? We're - we're just giving up?"

"I'm on my way to the refuge to retrieve our younger selves and return them to the timeline. It will be as if you never left."

I glared at Rip. "You can't be serious? Did you really believe that you could just drop us off here and pretend that none of this over happened? Newsflash, Rip, we can't." I felt a hand on my shoulder and glared at Ray. "What?"

Ray slowly leaned down and opened my bleeding hand. My claws were out. Small crescent moons were cut into my palms. Ray looked at me worryingly, but I shrugged him off and crossed my arms.

"And you won't," Rip said. "But I did had to bring you back to May 2016, not January 2016."

Wait, so I have been away from Beacon Hills for months? If I wasn't pissed at Rip, I am now. What the hell happened to my home? I don't even know if my family is still alive. A lot of things could have happened while I was away.

"Great, so what you're saying is for the last five months, my mom probably thinks that I'm dead," Jax almost sneered. "Thanks a lot, man."

But, why now? Why the sudden change of heart? Rip kidnapped us to created this team and now he's dumping it.

At least Sara had the same idea. "Okay, wait, why? Why the change of plans, Rip?"

"If you're getting back on that ship, we get back on that ship," Mick said. He was going to poke Rip, but his finger went through the hologram. Maybe I should have told the team. Hell, why didn't I put two and two together.

"In truth, I never left it," Rip said. We heard engines roaring and looked to see the Waverider taking flight. "I'm sorry for all that I've asked of you, and that it all came to nothing. I wish you all well."

Then the digital transmitter ended there. I glared up at the ship and flipped it off.

"Rip, you son of a bitch!" I yelled.

"I never liked that guy," Mick said.

So...I guess this is it.

》》》》

I'm finally home. The loft still looks the same. No major damage. But it felt empty. I heard someone on the inside and slowly opened the door. I crossed my arms and looked at the figure with a small smile on my face.