Final Goodbye

It was hard for me to say goodbye to Derek again. But he wasn't sure when he was going to return to Beacon Hills, so there's no point of me returning if my family isn't there. Rip said he owed me a favor. I wasn't sure what it was, or when it was, but he said I needed it.

"What are we still doing in the Waverider?" I asked as we walked through the hall.

Rip held a finger toward his lips as he motioned around the corner. I looked back to see myself coming out of my room and walking the other direction.

"I'll give you two some time alone while I go distract yourself," Rip said before following me.

I furrowed my brows and waited for him to leave. I made my way towards my room and froze. My chest started beating rapidly. I wanted to cry. I really wanted to cry. There he was. Laying on my bed with his hands behind his head. Snart's eyes were closed. Well, they were until he opened one of them.

"That was quick," he said as he sat up. He gave me a confused look. "Really quick if you were able to change that fast."

I looked at my attire before giving him a small smile. "Right, well, Gideon and her magic closet sure can do wonders."

My chest was aching. I know this is just temporary. I'll be back in the present, where Snart is dead. I made my way over and grabbed Snart by the collar of his shirt before attaching my lips to his. Snart grabbed the back of my neck and pulled me closer. This is the last time I'll ever feel his lips on mine, so I'm making this count. But due to lack of air, I had to pull away.

"What was that for?" Snart asked. "Not that I'm complaining. If anything, I'm more than ready for round two."

I let out a chuckle. "It's nothing like that. I just...um..." I can't tell him he's going to die. I want nothing more than to save his life, but this is for the best...even if I hate it. "Never admitted how much you mean to me. That's it."

"Aw, Claws has gotten soft for me. I'm touched," Snart teased.

I shook my head. "I'm being serious. You're a good man. No matter how much you don't care to admit. You're a good man to me." I took a deep breath. If I can't save him from his future, then at least I could tell him what I was afraid to. "That's what I love about you."

Snart tilted his head slightly. "What did you just say?"

"I said...I love you, Sn -" Wait, I never called him Snart until that day, "I love you, Winter Coat."

"Claws, where is this coming from?"

"Nothing. I just thought you should know."

Snart gave me a smile before he kissed me. "If it's any consolation, I love you, too. Claws and all."

I smiled at him again. My head snapped up when I heard footsteps coming towards my room.

"Damn it, Rip. Always wasting my time," I heard myself say. I guess that's my cue to go.

I got up. "I'll be right back."

I ran out of my room. I barley made it around the corner until my past self went back to the room. I let out a breath until Rip walked up to me.

"You all right, Miss Hale?" He asked.

I slowly shook my head. "I don't think I ever will." I wiped the tears that escaped before looking at him. "But that's the beauty of time, you know? I've got nothing but time."

》》》》

So I went with Rip back to Star City. I wasn't that surprised when the whole team was here, some here for other reasons.

"A full compliment," Rip began with a chuckle. "To be honest, I had my doubts that all of you would be willing to throw in with me for a second go."

"Well, actually -" Carter trailed off.

"We're not coming with you," Kendra finished.

"With Savage gone, we want to start fresh, see what happens."

Mick already started placing bets. "I give it three months, tops."

"Make it four," I challenged with my hand out.

Mick shook it. "Deal."

Kendra looked at the team. "Look, I just...I want to say thank you. To all of you." Ray looked a bit blue about her departure, and the fact that they were engaged. "Ray, I -"

He shook his head as he took a step forward. "No. This is - it's meant to be. I wish both of you nothing but the best." Kendra smiled at him before they hugged.

Kendra looked at us one final time. "Be safe."

"See you guys around," Carter added. They turned around and put on their helmets before flying away.

I sighed sadly, but a smirk came to my face. "I so won that fight."

Mick nodded. "Every time they do that, I get hungry for chicken."

I shook my head amusingly. "Be glad we stopped by for chicken wings."

Rip turned around. "So, shall we?"

We made our way towards the Waverider. But there was this loud booming followed by an engine roar. We turned around to see something coming towards us.

"Is that..." I began.

"The Waverider," Rip panicked.

"Another Waverider?" Stein wondered.

"Whatever it is, it's not slowing down," Ray said.

Jax turned around and started running. "Get down!" We all did. We ran until we we were a few feet away from our Waverider. "What the hell's going on?"

"To be honest, Mr. Jackson, I have absolutely no idea," Rip admitted.

The doors opened. This man in a hood made his way towards us.

"Is this 2016?" He asked. No one answered. "Is this May, 2016?"

"Yeah," I said.

He looked at Rip. "You're exactly where you said you'd be." He pointed towards the Waverider. "Do not get on that ship. If you do, you're all dead."

"Says who?" Mick asked.

"Says you, Mr. Rory. You sent me." What? Did Mick joined some pirates again?

Rip walked up to the man. "I'm sorry. Who exactly are you?"

The guy pulled his hood down. "My name is Rex Tyler. I'm a member of the Justice Society of America."

》》》》

A/N: And that is it for Frost Bite! Be prepared for Frozen Heart, we all know what happens. And be prepared for the big reveal on Silas' father!  And not gonna lie, I thought he was gonna say Justice League of America at first.

*Not edited.*