Not Your Fault

Saint-Lô, France, 1944.

Kendra and Carter, we're coming to save your ass. And Savage, be prepared to have your ass kicked. Even though Gideon doesn't know where they are, she does know where Savage is. And he's not alone. I could finally let out all this anger.

Savage was killing a few guards while the team and I snuck behind the trunk. Mick pointed his flamethrower - let's be honest, that's what it is - and fired at the guards. I ran towards one guard from the trunk and tossed him aside. Ray swooped down and fired his beam while Sara kicked another guy. The head officer ordered men to fire back. I wrapped my hand around the soldier's throat before slamming him against the wall. I glared at the guard behind me before slashing his cheek and kicking him.

"Keep Savage and our Nazi friends occupied," Rip told us through the communicator. "Gideon has detected a temporal signature consistent with a timeship. If Kendra and Carter are alive, that is where they're going to be."

I bashed the guard's head on the tire. "And you wouldn't let me track them by scent, why?"

I felt someone grab my shoulder. I turned around and roared at them before slamming them down on the ground. One of Savage's men was about to get me, but I grabbed their gun and elbowed them in the face. Another Savage soldier actually did fired. I fell on my back to avoid the blast before I jumped back up. Both feet colliding with his chest.

"Kendra's down," Jax said. More of Savage's guards came out, giving him the advantage.

"Rip, we're kind of outnumbered here," Mick said. I broke the soldier's arm before tossing him towards his friend.

"Fall back," Rip ordered. "Staying here to fight Nazis is exacerbating the damage that we have already done to the timeline."

"What about Kendra?" I asked as I popped a soldier's shoulder out of place before punching his cheekbone.

"She's still alive, thankfully, and we will rescue her in due course." Rip sighed. "I hope."

》》》》

I hate that we left Kendra. That was the point of the rescue mission, the only one we rescued is Carter. Or Prince Abooboo...whatever his real name is. I kept looking at my eyes in the mirror as I sat in the kitchen. The one vibrant gold is now an icy cold blue. Ice. It would be ice.

"So it's true," Mick said as he walked into the kitchen. He grabbed the cupcake from my plate and ate the frosting.

"Is what true?" I asked annoyingly, making my eyes blue again before they faded away.

Mick motioned to them. "Your eyes. They've changed."

I glared at him. "Yeah, and?"

"Nothing. Never thought I'll see them change into that color." He bit into his cupcake. "Blondie told me the whole thing."

I cursed under my breath. "I'm going to kill her." That's the last time I'm ever having a talk with Sara.

"Then add more to that list of yours." We were silent for a moment. "What happened with Snart wasn't your fault."

I grabbed the mirror and stood up. "That's it. This is the last time I check myself in here."

"Hey, I'm only going you the truth. Unlike Blondie and Haircut, who'll coddle you and tell you everything is alright. You did what you had to do. Just like he did. It was his last wish. You can't deny a dying man a final wish."

"He denied yours," I pointed out.

"Because it wasn't my time."

I sighed as I sat back down. "I should have just let you kill me. Sheldon wouldn't be born. Savage wouldn't have kidnapped him. And I won't be able to feel this pain."

Mick nodded. "Don't take this the wrong way, but your kid's a pain in the ass. Well...I would be, too, with a name like Sheldon." I rolled my eyes. Didn't name him. "Even if I had killed you, Claws, nothing would have changed. Snart would have had my head for killing you. And if I had managed, I would have kept your eyeballs as trophies."

I glared at him again. "Thanks, Smoker Lungs."

He shrugged. "What you call honesty, others call it being mean."

"Amen."

Mick looked down at my hand. Snart's pinky ring lays on my middle finger. I never took it off the day he gave it.

"Snart saved us all," Mick said. "Even if you hadn't killed him, he would have ended up dead anyway." Mick slowly got up. "It would have been better for him to die by your hand than theirs."

Then he made his way out.

》》》》

A/N: Only two more chapters. 😫😫😫

*Not edited.*