Aliens Of London Pt. 2

"It's blocked off" the Doctor says.

"We're miles from the centre. The city must be grid locked. The whole of London must be closing down" Rose states.

"I know. I can't believe I'm here to see this. Oh, this is fantastic!" {Y/N} says clapping her hands together.

"Did you know this was going to happen" Rose asks.

"Nope" {Y/N} replies smiling.

"Do you know why it crashed?"

"Nope."

"I'm so glad I've got you" {Y/N} turns to Rose and takes her by the shoulders.

"I bet you are. This..." {Y/N} points towards the general direction of the crashed spaceship "this is what we travel for, Rose. To see history happening right in front of us."

"Well, let's go and see it. Never mind traffic, we've got the TARDIS."

"Better not..." the Doctor butts in "they've got one spaceship in the middle of London. I don't want to shove another one on top."

"Yeah, but yours looks like a big blue box. No one's going to notice" Rose shrugs.

"You'd be surprised. Emergency like this, there'll be all kinds of people watching. Trust me. The TARDIS stays where it is."

"So history's happing and we're stuck here."

"Yes, we are" the Doctor replies.

"Aww, come on, Doctor" {Y/N} says.

"Nope."

"Please" he just shakes his head.

"Do you have to be such an old grumpy man?" he turns and pats her on the head.

"Yep!" Rose laughs quietly before speaking up.

"We could always do what everybody else does. We could watch it on TV" {Y/N} smiles and nods her head, the three soon start walking back to Rose's apartment.

*Time Skip*

{Y/N} Sits cross legged in front of Rose watching the News intently with eyebrows furrowed and her head in the palm of her hands.

"Big Ben destroyed as a UFO crash lands in Central London. Police reinforcements are drafted in from across the country to control widespread panic, looting and civil disturbance. A state of national emergency has been declared. Tom Hitchinson is at the scene."

"The police are urging the public not to panic. There's a help line number on screen right now if you're worried about friends or family."  The Doctor who sat next to Rose changes the channel.

"The military are on the lookout for more spaceships. Until then, all flights in North American air space have been grounded."  The Doctor sighs and changes the channel back to the previous News they were watching.

"The army are sending divers into the wreck of the spaceship. No one knows what they're going to find."  Again, the Doctor changes the channel.

"The president will address the nation live from the White House, but the Secretary General has asked that people watch the skies."

"I've got no choice" Jackie says.

"You've broken your mother's heart" her friend replies.

"I'm not going to make them welcome."

"Oi, we're trying to listen" the Doctor says.

"...His current whereabouts. News coming in. We can go to Tom at the Embankment."

"They've found a body. It's unconfirmed, but I'm being told that the body that was found is of non-terrestrial origins. It's being brought ashore."  Soon enough the apartment has become a welcome home party for Rose, {Y/N} and the Doctor still sit in the same positions.

"The body has been brought to the nearest shore. Unconfirmed reports say that the body is of extra-terrestrial origin. An extraordinary event unfolding here live here in Central London. The body is being transferred to a secure unit mortuary, the whereabouts is yet unknown. The roads in Central London are being"  suddenly the TV channel changes, {Y/N} squints in confusion.

"And when you've stuck your fins on, you can cover the whole lot in buttercream" she looks back to see a toddler on the Doctor's lap with the remote, the Doctor attempts to get the remote from the child making {Y/N} laugh "Oh, look at that, your very own spaceship ready to eat. And for something a little extra special..."  the Doctor succeeds in getting the remote and changes it back to the news.

"Albion Hospital. We still don't know whether it's alive or dead. Whitehall is denying everything. But the body has been brought here to Albion Hospital. The roads closed off. It's the closest to the river..."

"Go on" The Doctor says.

"... I'm being told that General Asquith is now entering the hospital. The building's been evacuated. The patients have been moved out onto the streets. The police still won't confirm the presence of an alien body contained inside those walls" a while later {Y/N} gets up and walks out of the apartment followed by the Doctor.

"And where do you two think you're going?" Rose asks running after the two.

"Nowhere" the Doctor replies.

"It's just a bit human in there for us. History just happened and they're talking about where you can buy dodgy top-up cards for half price. We're off on a wander, that's all" {Y/N} adds.

"Right. There's a spaceship on the Thames and you're just wandering."

"Nothing to do with us. It's not an invasion. That was a genuine crash landing. Angle of descent, colour of smoke, everything. It's perfect" Rose catches up and walks beside {Y/N}.

"So?"

"So maybe this is it. First contact. The day mankind officially comes into contact with an alien race. We're not interfering because you've got to handle this on your own. That's when the human race finally grows up. Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay. Now you can expand" {Y/N} says moving her hands around with a smile on her face "anyway, you don't need us. Go and celebrate history. Spend some time with your mum" she places her hand on Rose's shoulder.

"Promise you two won't disappear?" {Y/N} nods sticking her hand in her pocket and pulls something out that starts to glow a soft yellow.

"Tell you what. This is a TARDIS key. It's about time you had one" Rose takes it and looks up.

"But, it's yours is it not?"

"Oh, no! Don't worry about me, as long as the Doctor has his I'm fine" {Y/N} says shaking her head "anyway, we'll see you later" with that the Doctor and {Y/N} walk off.

--

~Bread 🍞