The Age Of Steel Pt. 4

"Your words are irrelevant."

"Yeah, talk too much, that's our problem. Lucky, we got you that cheap tariff, Rose, for all our long chats" the Doctor says "on your phone."

"You will be deleted."

"Yes. Delete, control, hash. All those lovely buttons. Then, of course, my particular favourite, send. And let's not forget how you seduced all those ordinary people in the first place" Rose's phone beeps.

"By making every bit of technology compatible with everything else" {Y/N} adds.

"It's for you" Rose says walking up to {Y/N} and the Doctor.

"Like this" the Doctor takes her phone and puts it into a docking station and suddenly the Cybermen cry out in pain, the code that was on the phone appears on every computer screen, the Cyberman that was closest to {Y/N} and the Doctor catches sight of itself in a shiny piece of metal.

"I'm sorry" the Doctor says.

"What have you done?!" Lumic growls.

"I gave them back their souls. They can see what you've done, Lumic, and it's killing them!" the Doctor says as him, {Y/N}, Pete and Rose run out.

"Delete! Delete! Delete!" as they run out things start to explode around them they find the emergency exit but it is blocked by writhing Cybermen.

"There's no way out!" the Doctor says, just then Rose's phone rings.

"It's Mickey. He says head for the roof" Rose says, they all run up the staircase close by as fire breaks out behind them.

"Mickey, where'd you learn to fly that thing?" Rose asks into the phone.as they reach the roof.

"You've got to be kidding" Pete says as he looks at the rope ladder.

"Get up" {Y/N} says as they all climb the ladder.

"We did it! We did it!" Rose shouts from the top of the ladder as the zeppelin rises, suddenly something heavy pulls at the ladder, {Y/N} who was above the Doctor looks down to see Cyber Lumic just below Pete, the Doctor also looks down then pulls out his sonic screwdriver.

"Pete! Take this! Use it! Hold the button down! Press it against the rope. Just do it!" the Doctor shouts.

"Jackie Tyler. This is for her!" the rope under Pete finally gives way and Lumic falls.

"Argh!" Lumic is engulfed in the fire as the Power Station explodes.

*Time skip*

The Doctor and {Y/N} stand at the console of the TARDIS when {Y/N} digs around in her pocket pulling out the power cell and putting it into the console in which the TARDIS starts to light up.

"Rose? We've only got five minutes of power. We've got to go" the Doctor shouts from inside the TARDIS, Rose looks back briefly before turning back to Pete, {Y/N} and the Doctor walk over to the doors, that's when Mickey and Jake walk up to them.

"Here it is. I found it. Not a crease" Mickey says.

My suit! Good man" the Doctor says a smile on his face.

"Now then, Jake, we've got to run. But one more thing. Mrs Moore. Her real name was Angela Price. She's got a husband out there, and children. Find them. Tell them how she died saving the world" {Y/N} says.

"Yeah, course I will."

"Off we go, then" the Doctor says as Rose walks over.

"Er, thing is, I'm staying" Mickey says.

"You're doing what?" the Doctor says.

"You can't" Rose replies.

"It sort of balances out, because this world lost it's Ricky, but there's me. And there's work to be done with all those Cybermen still out there."

"But you can't stay" Rose says shaking her head.

"Rose, my gran's here. She's still alive. My old gran, remember her?"

"Yeah."

"She needs me."

"What about me? What if I need you?"

"Yeah, but Rose, you don't. It's just you and them, isn't it? We had something a long time ago, but not anymore."

"Well, we'll come back. We can travel anywhere. Come and see you, yeah?"

"We can't. We told you, travel between parallel worlds is impossible. We only got here by accident. We... we fell through a crack in time. When we leave, we've got to close it. We can't ever return" {Y/N} says.

"Doctor, {Y/N}" the Doctor puts out his hand for Mickey to shake.

"Take Rose's phone. It's got the code. Get it out there. Stop those factories. And good luck, Mickey the idiot."

"Watch it" Mickey says as he turns to {Y/N} "You know, you were always nice to me" {Y/N} smiles hugging Mickey.

"That's cause I'm not an old man" she whispers, Mickey laughs hugging her back.

"Oi!" the Doctor says crossing his arms, {Y/N} rolls her eyes and pulls away.

"Good luck out there, Mickey" she says, Mickey nods.

"You too" with that the Doctor and {Y/N} walk back into the TARDIS a few minutes later Rose walks in crying, {Y/N} walks over to her hugging her.

*Time skip*

The TARDIS stops and Rose runs towards the doors opening them the Doctor and {Y/N} following hand-in-hand.

"You're alive. Oh mum, you're alive."

"Well, I was the last time I looked. What is it? What's happened, sweetheart? What's wrong? Where did you go?" Jackie asks as Rose hugs her.

"Far away. That was far away" the Doctor says.

"Where's Mickey?"

"He's gone home" {Y/N} says.

---

~Bread 🍞