Utopia Pt. 3

"All passengers prepare for boarding. I repeat, all passengers prepare for immediate boarding. Destination, Utopia. All troops report to silo. I repeat, all troops report to silo. All passengers prepare for immediate boarding. All passengers prepare for immediate boarding."

The Doctor sniffs one of the wires.

"Is this?"

"Yes, gluten extract. Binds the neutralino map together" Yana says.

"That's food. You've built this system out of food and string and staples? Professor Yana, you're a genius" {Y/N} says.

"Says the women who made it work."

"Oh, it's easy coming in at the end, but you're stellar. This is, this is magnificent. And we don't often say that because, well, because of him" {Y/N} says nodding towards the Doctor.

"Well, even my title is an affectation. There hasn't been such a thing as a university for over a thousand years. I've spent my life going from one refugee ship to another" Yana says.

"If you'd been born in a different time, you'd be revered. I mean it. Throughout the galaxies" the Doctor says.

"Oh, those damned galaxies. They had to go and collapse. Some admiration would have been nice. Yes, just a little, just once."

"Well, you've got it now. But that footprint engine thing. You can't activate it from onboard. It's got to be from here. You're staying behind" {Y/N} asks.

"With Chantho. She won't leave without me. Simply refuses."

"You'd give your life so they could fly."

"Oh, I think I'm a little too old for Utopia. Time, I had some sleep" Yana says.

"Professor, tell the Doctor we've found his blue box."

"Ah!"

"Doctor?" Jack says, the TARDIS is on the monitor.

"Professor, it's a wild stab in the dark, but I may just have found you a way out" {Y/N} says. A little later, the TARDIS is in the laboratory, the Doctor and {Y/N} are dragging a power cable out of it.

"Extra power. Little bit of a cheat, but who's counting? Jack, you're in charge of the retro feeds" Jack nods as Martha and Chantho enter.

"Oh, am I glad to see that thing" Martha says.

"Chan Professor, are you all right tho?"

"Yes, I'm fine. I'm fine. I'm fine. Just get on with it."

"Connect those circuits into the spar, same as that last lot. But quicker" Jack says.

"Ooo, yes, sir" Martha says.

"You don't have to keep working. We can handle it" {Y/N} says.

"It's just a headache. It's just, just noise inside my head, {Y/N}. Constant noise inside my head."

"What sort of noise?"

"It's the sound of drums. More and more, as though it's getting closer."

"When did it start?"

"Oh, I've had it all my life. Every waking hour. Still, no rest for the wicked"

"Systems are down. Professor, are you getting me?"

"I'm here! We're ready! Now all you need to do is connect the couplings, then we can launch. Atillo's face disappears from the screen "god sake! This equipment. Needs rebooting all the time."

"Anything I can do? I've finished that lot" Martha asks.

"Yes, if you could. Just press the reboot key every time the picture goes."

"Certainly, sir. Just don't ask me to do shorthand."

"Right" Atillo's face returns.

"Are you still there?"