The Doctor Dances Pt. 1

"Go to your room" the Doctor says suddenly making the patients stop "go to your room. I mean it. I'm very, very angry with you. I am very, very cross. Go to your room!" the patients hang their heads in shame and shuffle back to their beds and lay down, leaving {Y/N}, Jack and Rose confused while the Doctor chuckles nervously. "I'm really glad that worked. Those would have been terrible last words" the four are silent for a moment before Rose speaks up.

"Why are they all wearing gas masks?"

"They're not. Those masks are flesh and bone" Jack says.

"How was your con supposed to work?" the Doctor asks.

"Simple enough, really. Find some harmless piece of space junk, let the nearest Time Agent track it back to Earth, convince him it's valuable, name a price. When he's put fifty percent up front, oops! A German bomb falls on it, destroys it forever. He never gets to see what he's paid for, never knows he's been had. I buy him a drink with his own money, and we discuss dumb luck. The perfect self-cleaning con" Jack replies.

"Yeah. Perfect" the Doctor says sarcastically.

"The London Blitz is great for self-cleaners. Pompeii's nice if you want to make a vacation of it though, but you've got to set your alarm for volcano day. Getting a hint of disapproval."

"Take a look around the room. This is what your harmless piece of space-junk did" the Doctor gestures around the room.

"It was a burnt-out medical transporter. It was empty."

"Rose, {Y/N}."

"Are we getting out of here?" Rose asks.

"We're going upstairs" he grabs both their hands and starts to walk up the stairs.

"I even programmed the flight computer so it wouldn't land on anything living. I harmed no-one. I don't know what's happening here, but believe me, I had nothing to do with it" Jack says raising his hands, the Doctor turns to look at him.

"I'll tell you what's happening. You forgot to set your alarm clock. It's volcano day" that's when a siren sounds.

"What's that?" Rose asks.

"The all clear" Jack replies.

"I wish" the Doctor mumbles, letting go of Rose's hand and dragging {Y/N} up the stairs.

"Mister Spock?"

"Doctor?"

"Have you got a blaster?" {Y/N} asks sticking her head over the railing and looking down at Jack.

"Sure!" soon Jack and Rose join {Y/N} and the Doctor at a metal door.

"The night your space-junk landed, someone was hurt. This was where they were taken" {Y/N} says.

"What happened?" Rose asks.

"Let's find out. Get it open" the Doctor says.

"What's wrong with your sonic screwdrivers?"

"Nothing" Jack shoots the lock on the door and it disintegrates.

"Sonic blaster, fifty first century. Weapon Factories of Villengard?" {Y/N} asks looking at Jack, he nods.

"You've been to the factories?"

"Once."

"Well, they gone now, destroyed. The main reactor went critical. Vaporized the lot."

"Like I said. Once. There's a banana grove there, now. I like bananas. Bananas are good" {Y/N} says smiling.

"Nice blast pattern" Rose says.