Blink Pt. 3

Billy slides down a wall, three pairs of footsteps walk up to him.

"Welcome" he looks up to see {Y/N}, the Doctor and Martha in front of him.

"Where am I?"

"1969. Not bad, as it goes. You've got the moon landing to look forward to" the Doctor says.

"Oh, the moon landing's brilliant. We went four times, back when we had transport" Martha says looking at the Doctor and {Y/N} with her arms crossed.

"I'm working on it" {Y/N} murmurs.

"How did I get here?"

"The same way we did. The touch of an angel. Same one, probably, since you ended up in the same year. No, no. No, no, no, don't get up. Time travel without a capsule. Nasty. Catch your breath. Don't go swimming for half an hour" the Doctor says.

"I don't. I can't."

"Fascinating race, the Weeping Angels. The only psychopaths in the universe to kill you nicely. No mess, no fuss, they just zap you into the past and let you live to death. The rest of your life used up and blown away in the blink of an eye. You die in the past, and in the present, they consume the energy of all the days you might have had. All your stolen moments. They're creatures of the abstract. They live off potential energy" {Y/N} says.

"What in God's name are you talking about?"

"Trust me. Just nod when she stops for breath" Martha says.

"Tracked you down with this. This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff. Also, it can boil an egg at thirty paces, whether you want it to or not, actually, so I've learned to stay away from hens. It's not pretty when they blow" the Doctor says.

"I don't understand. Where am I?"

"1969, like she says" Martha says.

"Normally, we'd offer you a lift home, but somebody nicked our motor. So, I need you to take a message to Sally Sparrow. And I'm sorry, Billy. I am very, very sorry. It's going to take you a while" {Y/N} says kneeling down in front of Billy.

*Back to Sally*

Sally's mobile rings.

"Hello? Billy, where are you? Where?"

*Time skip*

Just one bed is occupied, by the window.

"Billy? the old man in the bed wakes up.

"It was raining when we met."

"It's the same rain" A little while later, Sally looks at Billy's wedding photograph "she looks nice."

"Her name was Sally, too."

"Sally Shipton."

"Sally Shipton. I often thought about looking for you before tonight, but apparently it would've torn a hole in the fabric of space and time, and destroyed two thirds of the universe. Also, I'd lost my hair."

"Two thirds of the universe. Where'd you get that from?"

"There's a man and women in 1969. They sent me with a message for you."

"What man and women?"

"The Doctor and {Y/N}."

"And what was the message?"

"Just this. Look at the list."

"What does that mean? Is that it? Look at the list?"

"They said you'd have it by now. A list of seventeen DVDs. I didn't stay a policeman back then. Got into publishing. Then video publishing. Then DVDs, of course."

"You put the Easter Egg on."

"Have you noticed what all seventeen DVDs have in common yet? I suppose it's hard for you, in a way."

"How could the Doctor and {Y/N} have even known I had a list? I only just got this."

"I asked them how, but they said they couldn't tell me. They said you'd understand it one day, but that I never would."