Tooth & Claw Pt.1

{Y/N} and the Doctor stand at the console talking and laughing quietly, that's when Rose walks in.

"What do you think of this? Will it do?" Rose asks, guesting to her outfit.

"In the late 1970s? You'd be better off in a bin bag. Hold on, listen to this" the Doctor puts a CD into the TARDIS player.

"Ian Dury and the Blockheads. Number One in 1979" {Y/N} says.

"You're both punks," Rose says shaking her head.

"It's good to be lunatics" the Doctor smiles.

"That's what you two are. Two big old punks with a bit of rockabilly thrown in."

"Would you like to see him?" {Y/N} asks.

"How'd you mean? In concert?"

"What else is a TARDIS for? We can take you to the Battle of Trafalgar, the first anti-gravity Olympics, Caesar crossing the Rubicon or Ian Dury at the Top Rank, Sheffield, England, Earth, 21st November 1979. What do you think?" the Doctor asks.

"Sheffield, it is" Rose smiles.

"Hold on tight!" the Doctor says setting the TARDIS into motion, he then starts to beat the rhythm of the song on the console as they travel.

"Stop!" Rose shouts suddenly the TARDIS stops and they all get thrown to the floor.

"1979. Hell, of a year. China invades Vietnam. The Muppet Movie. Love that film. Margaret Thatcher. Urgh. Skylab falls to Earth, with a little help from me. Nearly took off my thumb" the Doctor says getting up and walking out of the TARDIS followed by {Y/N} and Rose "and I like my thumb. I need my thumb. I'm very attached to..." that's when the sound of rifles are cocked "my thumb" {Y/N} looks around to see they're surrounded by Redcoats "1879. Same difference."

"You will explain your presence. And the nakedness of these females" the officer in charge points to {Y/N} and Rose, the Doctor looks around briefly before speaking.

"Are we in Scotland?" he asks in a Scottish accent.

"How can you be ignorant of that?" the officer says.

"Oh, I'm, I'm dazed and confused. Me and my wife here been chasing this, this wee naked child over hill and over dale. Isn't that right, ya timorous beastie?" {Y/N} nods, her and the Doctor look to Rose.

"Och, aye! I've been oot and aboot" Rose says, {Y/N}'s eyes widen and the Doctor leans over to Rose.

"No, don't do that" he whispers.

"Hoots mon."

"No, really don't. Really."

"Will you identify yourself, sir?"

"I'm Doctor James McCrimmon, from the township of Balamory and my wife {Y/N}. I have my credentials, if I may" the Doctor pulls out the psychic paper and shows the man "as you can see, a Doctorate from the University of Edinburgh. I trained under Doctor Bell himself" that's when an upper-class English accent comes from inside the carriage.

"Let them approach."

"I don't think that's wise, ma'am."

"Let them approach."

"You will approach the carriage, and show all due deference" a footman opens the carriage door.

"Rose, {Y/N}, might I introduce her Majesty Queen Victoria. Empress of India and Defender of the Faith" the Doctor says.

"It's so nice to meet you, madam, I'm {Y/N}," she says in h her best Scottish accent Victoria nods, a small smile on her face.

"Rose Tyler, Ma'am. And our apologies for being so naked" she says gesturing to {Y/N} and herself.

"I've had five daughters. It's nothing to me. But you, Doctor. Show me these credentials" he hands her the psychic paper."

"Why didn't you say so immediately? It states clearly here that you and your wife have been appointed by the Lord Provost as my Protectors."

"Does it? Yes, it does. Good. Good. Then let me ask - why is Your Majesty travelling by road when there's a train all the way to Aberdeen?" {Y/N} asks.

"A tree on the line."

"An accident?" the Doctor asks.

"I am the Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland. Everything around me tends to be planned."

"An assassination attempt?" {Y/N} says quietly.

"What, seriously? There's people out to kill you?" Rose asks with raised eyebrows.

"I'm quite used to staring down the barrel of a gun" Victoria replies.

"Sir Robert MacLeish lives but ten miles hence. We've sent word ahead. He'll shelter us for tonight, then we can reach Balmoral tomorrow" the officer says.

"This Doctor and his timorous beasties will come with us."

"Yes, Ma'am. We'd better get moving - it's almost nightfall."

"Indeed. And there are stories of wolves in these parts. Fanciful tales intended to scare the children. But good for the blood, I think. Drive on!" the footman closes the door to the carriage and it starts to move while {Y/N}, the Doctor and Rose walk with the soldiers that were behind the carriage.

"It's funny though because you say assassination and you just think of Kennedy and stuff. Not her" Rose says, {Y/N} nods placing her hands behind her back.

"1879? She's had, oh, six attempts on her life?" {Y/N} says.

"And I'll tell you something else. We just met Queen Victoria!" the Doctor says jumping a little as he walks.

"I know!" Rose laughs.

"What a laugh!" {Y/N} chuckles.

"She was just sitting there."

"Like a stamp," the Doctor says.

"I want her to say we are not amused. I bet you five quid I can make her say it" Rose bets looking at {Y/N} and the Doctor.

"Well, if we gambled on that, it'd be an abuse of our privileges of travellers in time," the Doctor says looking at {Y/N} who nods.

"Ten quid?"

"Done" {Y/N} and the Doctor say laughing along with Rose.

*Time skip*

They soon make it to a house, where a man comes to greet Victoria, the Doctor, {Y/N} and Rose watch quietly.

"Your Majesty."

"Sir Robert. My apologies for the emergency. And how is Lady Isobel?"

"She's indisposed, I'm afraid. She's gone to Edinburgh for the season. And she's taken the cook with her. The kitchens are barely stocked. I wouldn't blame Your Majesty if you wanted to ride on."

"Oh, not at all. I've had quite enough carriage exercise. And this is charming, if rustic. It's my first visit to this house. My late husband spoke of it often. The Torchwood Estate. Now, shall we go inside? And please excuse the naked girls" Victoria gestures to {Y/N} and Rose.

"Sorry" Rose and {Y/N} mutter.

"She's a feral child. I bought her for sixpence in old London Town. It's was her or the Elephant Man, so..." the Doctor trails off.

"Thinks he's funny but I'm so not amused. What do you think, Ma'am?" Rose asks, looking at Victoria.

"It hardly matters. Shall we proceed?" Victoria replies.

"So, close" Rose mutters to {Y/N} and the Doctor, Victoria goes inside.

"Makerson and Ramsey, you will escort the property. Hurry up" the two soldiers take a small locked box from the carriage and carry it into the house.

"So, what's in there, then?" the Doctor asks as they all walk into the house.

"Property of the Crown. You will dismiss any further thoughts, sir. The rest of you go to the rear of the house. Assume your designated positions."

"You heard the orders. Positions.

"Sir" two soldiers stand at the door and {Y/N}, Rose and the Doctor continue to walk further into the house.

---

~Bread 🍞