Partners In Crime Pt. 3

"Inducer increasing."

"No, no, no, no, no. She's doubled it. I need. Haven't got time. It's too far. I can't override it. They're all gonna die!" {Y/N} says freaking out.

"Is there anything I can do?" Donna asks.

"Sorry, Donna, this is way beyond you. Got to double the base pulse, I can't" {Y/N} says.

"Doctor, tell me. What does she need?"

"She need a second capsule to boost the override, but we've only got the one. We can't save them" Donna holds up her pendant. {Y/N} pulls it apart and plugs it in. The inducer shuts down, {Y/N} hugs Donna. Suddenly there is a loud noise in the sky.

"What the hell was that?"

"Nursery ship."

"Fine. When you say nursery, you don't mean a crèche in Notting Hill" Donna says as the computer lights up again.

"Incoming signal" a voice come through speaking alien the Doctor and {Y/N} listen intently.

"Hadn't we better go and stop them?" Donna asks.

"Hang on. Instructions from the Adiposian First Family."

"She's wired up the tower block to convert it into a levitation post. Ooo. Oh. We're not the ones in trouble now. She is!" {Y/N} says, the three run out and up to the roof.

"What you going to do then? Blow them up?" Donna asks.

"They're just children. They can't help where they come from" the Doctor says, as the three look up at the Adipose.

"Oh, that makes a change from last time. That Martha must've done you two good."

"She did, yeah. Yeah. She did. She fancied me" the Doctor says.

"Mad Martha, that one. Blind Martha. Charity Martha. I'm waving at fat" Donna says.

"Actually, as a diet plan, it sort of works. There she is!" {Y/N} says, Miss Foster is floating upwards, too, below the little Adipose. She stops at roof level.

"Matron Cofelia, listen to me" the Doctor says.

"Oh, I don't think so, Doctor. And if I never see you again, it'll be too soon."

"Oh, why does no one ever listen. I'm trying to help. Just get across to the roof. Can you shift the levitation beam?"

"What, so that you can arrest me?"

"Just listen. I saw the Adiposian instructions. They know it's a crime, breeding on Earth. So, what's the one thing they want to get rid of? Their accomplice."

"I'm far more than that. I'm nanny to all these children."

"Exactly! Mum and Dad have got the kids now. They don't need the nanny anymore" the levitation beam switches off. Miss Foster does a Wile E Coyote double take in mid-air, then falls with a scream and a splat. The spaceship flies away.

*Time skip*

{Y/N} throws the sonic pen into a waste bin. The new reporter comes along, still tied to the chair.

"Oi, you three. You're just mad. Do you hear me? Mad! And I'm going to report you for madness."

"You see, some people just can't take it" Donna says.

"No."

"And some people can. So, then. TARDIS! Come on" Donna says "that's my car! That is like destiny. And I've been ready for this" the boot is full of suitcases "I packed ages ago, just in case. Because I thought, hot weather, cold weather, no weather. They go anywhere. I've gotta be prepared" Donna rambles unloading the boot into the Doctor's arms, {Y/N} laughs shoving her hands in her pockets.

"You've got a, a hatbox" the Doctor says.

"Planet of the Hats, I'm ready. I don't need injections, do I? You know, like when you go to Cambodia. Is there any of that? Because my friend Veena went to Bahrain, and she. You two are not saying much."

"No, it's just. It's a funny old life, in the TARDIS" {Y/N} says.

"You don't want me."

"I'm not saying that."

"But you asked me. Would you rather be on your own?"

"No. Actually, no. But the last time, with Martha, like we said, it, it got complicated. And that was all our fault" {Y/N} says.

"I just want a mate" the Doctor says.

"You just want to mate?" Donna says.

"I just want a mate!"

"You're not mating with me, sunshine!"

"A mate. I want a mate" {Y/N} shakes her head.

"Well, just as well, because I'm not having any of that nonsense. I mean, you're just a long streak of nothing. You know, alien nothing."

"There we are, then. Ok" {Y/N} says.

"I can come?"

"Yeah. Course you can, yeah. We'd love it" the Doctor says.

"Oh, that's just" they almost hug "car keys."

"What?"

"I've still got my mum's car keys. I won't be a minute" Donna runs off. The Doctor starts lugging her bags into the TARDIS with the help of {Y/N} "off we go, then" Donna says walking into the TARDIS a while later.

"Here it is. The TARDIS. It's bigger on the inside than it is on the outside."

"Oh, I know that bit. Although frankly, you could turn the heating up."

"So, whole wide universe, where do you want to go?" {Y/N} asks sitting in the seat.

"Oh, I know exactly the place."

"Which is?"

"Two and a half miles that way" Donna says pointing.

*Time skip*

The old man is packing up for the night when he sees the TARDIS flying nearby.

"There! Donna, it's, it's the flying blue box!" he looks through his telescope and sees Donna waving from the TARDIS door "What? That's Donna. Yeah, that's Donna" the Doctor and {Y/N} wave, too "And that's them. That's them. Hey, that's them! Ha, ha, ha! Go on, gal! Go on, get up there! Hey!"

---

~Bread 🍞