Army Of Ghosts Pt. 2

"According to the paper, they've elected a ghost as MP for Leeds. Now don't tell me you're going to sit back and do nothing" Rose says, the Doctor and {Y/N} pop up from below the console of the TARDIS, the Doctor is wearing a backpack and holding a hosepipe like device.

"Who you going to call?" the Doctor asks.

"Ghostbusters!" Rose says laughing.

"I ain't afraid of no ghosts" the Doctor says jumping up followed by {Y/N}.

"When's the next shift?" the Doctor asks as he and {Y/N} put three metal cones linked by wires on the grass.

"Quarter to. But don't go causing trouble. What's that lot do?" Jackie asks.

"Triangulates their point of origin" {Y/N} says.

"I don't suppose it's the Gelth?"

"Nah. They were just coming through one little rift. This lot are transposing themselves over the whole planet. Like tracing paper."

"You're always doing this. Reducing it to science. Why can't it be real? Just think of it, though. All the people we've lost. Our families coming back home. Don't you think it's beautiful?"

"I think it's horrific. Rose, give us a hand" {Y/N} plugs the power cable into the TARDIS console with the Doctor and Rose standing next to her. Jackie follows them in and closes the door.

"As soon as the cones activate, if that line goes into the red, press that button there. If it doesn't stop..." the Doctor hands Rose his sonic screwdriver "...setting fifteen B. Hold it against the port, eight seconds and stop."

"Fifteen B, eight seconds."

"If it goes into the blue, activate the deep scan on the left" {Y/N} says.

"Hang on a minute, I know. Push that one."

"Close" the Doctor says.

"That one?"

"Now you've just killed us" {Y/N} says.

"Er, that one."

"Yeah! Now, what've we got. Two minutes to go?" the Doctor and {Y/N} walk outside and the Doctor activates the cones.

"What's the line doing?" {Y/N} asks.

"It's all right. It's holding!"

"You even look like them?"

"How do you mean? I suppose I do, yeah."

"You've changed so much."

"For the better."

"I suppose."

"Mum, I used to work in a shop."

"I've worked in shops. What's wrong with that?"

"No, I didn't mean that."

"I know what you meant. What happens when I'm gone?"

"Don't talk like that."

"No, but really. When I'm dead and buried, you won't have any reason to come back home. What happens then?"

"I don't know."

"Do you think you'll ever settle down?"

"The Doctor and {Y/N} never will, so I can't. I'll just keep on travelling with them."

"And you'll keep on changing. And in forty years' time, fifty, there'll be this woman, this strange woman, walking through the marketplace on some planet a billion miles from Earth. But she's not Rose Tyler. Not anymore. She's not even human."

"Here we go!" the Doctor shouts.

"The scanner's working. It says delta one six!" Rose shouts back.

"Come on then, you beauty!" {Y/N} says, just then a ghost walks into the field and starts to writhe.

"Don't like that much, do you? Who are you? Where are you coming from? Whoa!" the ghost tries to break out of the filed.

"That's more like it! Not so friendly now, are you?" {Y/N} says just then the ghost vanishes and the Doctor and {Y/N} gather up the cones and they both run into the TARDIS.

"I said so! Those ghosts have been forced into existence from one specific point, and we can track down the source" {Y/N} says.

"Allons-y!" the Doctor says "I like that. Allons-y. I should say Allons-y more often. Allons-y. Watch out, Rose Tyler and {Y/N}. Allons-y. And then, it would be really brilliant if I met someone called Alonso, because then I could say, Allons-y, Alonso, every time. You're staring at me" the Doctor turns to look at both Rose and {Y/N}.

"My mum's still on board" Rose says.

"If we end up on Mars, I'm going to kill you" Jackie says, the TARDIS materialises in Torchwood Loading Bay 2, and is immediately surrounded by armed troops. The Doctor and {Y/N} watch them on the scanner.

"Oh well there goes the advantage of surprise. Still, cuts to the chase. Stay in here, look after Jackie" {Y/N} says.

"I'm not looking after my mum" Rose says.

"Well, you brought her" the Doctor replies.

"I was kidnapped!" Jackie shouts.

"Doctor, {Y/N}, they've got guns."

"And we haven't. Which makes us the better person, don't you think? They can shoot us dead, but the moral high ground is ours" {Y/N} says, the Doctor and {Y/N} step out with their arms raised.

"Oh! Oh, how marvellous. Oh, very good. Superb. Happy day" a women says running up to them and starts clapping, the soldiers that stood around join in, the Doctor and {Y/N} lower their arms.

"Er, thanks. Nice to meet you. I'm the Doctor, this is {Y/N}."

"Oh, I should say. Hurray!"

"You, you've heard of us, then?"

"Well of course we have. And I have to say, if it wasn't for you two, none of us would be here. The Doctor, {Y/N} and the TARDIS" everyone keeps clapping.

"And you are?" {Y/N} asks.

"Oh, plenty of time for that. But according to the records, you two are not ones for travelling alone. The Doctor, {Y/N} and their companion. That's a pattern, isn't it, right? There's no point hiding anything. Not from us. So, where is she?"

"Yes. Sorry. Good point. She's just a bit shy, that's all" the Doctor reaches into the slightly ajar door of the TARDIS and grabs the first person her can.

"But here she is, Rose Tyler" {Y/N} looks over with wide eyes to see Jackie instead of Rose.

"Hmm. She's not the best we've ever had. Bit too blonde. Not too steady on her pins. A lot of that."

"And just last week, she stared into the heart of the Time Vortex and aged fifty-seven years. But she'll do" {Y/N} says.

"I'm forty" Jackie says.

"Deluded. Bless. We'll have to trade her in. Do you need anyone? She's very good at tea. Well, I say very good, I mean not bad. Well, I say not bad. Anyway, lead on. Allons-y. But not too fast. Her ankle's going" the Doctor says.

"I'll show you where my ankle's going" Jackie whispers.

---

~Bread 🍞