The Lazarus Experiment Pt. 4

The Doctor and {Y/N} go back to the transept, underneath the central tower, and looks for Martha and Tish.

"Where are they? Martha?!"

"{Y/N}, Doctor!" Martha pops from over the railing above.

"Take him to the top. The very top of the bell tower, do you hear me?!"

"Up to the top!"

"Martha."

"Then what?"

"Martha, come on!" the mutant is heading their way. The Doctor and {Y/N} head for the organ loft and the Doctor gets out the screwdriver.

"Hypersonic sound waves. Inspired" he sticks it into the power socket then starts pulling out stops "I hope it's a good acoustic in here" the Doctor presses on both pedals and starts playing, {Y/N} stands behind him "we need to turn this up to eleven" the Doctor stops playing when he hears the crash, and goes to look along with {Y/N}. A naked man is lying on the flagstones amid a shower of broken wood.

"Martha?"

"I'm okay! We're both okay!"

*Time skip*

As {Y/N} closes Lazarus' eyes, he turns back into an old man. Then she runs to meet Martha and the Doctor.

"I didn't know you could play?" Martha says poking the Doctor's shoulder.

"Oh, well, you know, if you hang around with Beethoven, you're bound to pick a few things up."

"Hmm. Especially about playing loud."

"Sorry?" Martha walks off laughing the Doctor and {Y/N} chase after her.

*Time skip*

The Doctor unlocks the TARDIS.

"Something else that just kind of escalated, then" the Doctor says looking towards Martha.

"I can see a pattern developing. You two should take more care in the future. And the past. And whatever other time period you find yourselves in."

"It's good fun, though, isn't it?"

"Yeah."

"So, what do you say, one more trip?"

"No. Sorry."

"What do you mean? I thought you liked it."

"I do, but I can't go on like this. One more trip. It's not fair."

"What're you talking about?"

"I don't want to be just a passenger anymore. Someone you take along for a treat. If that's how you still see me, I'd rather stay here."

"Okay, then. If that's what you want."

"Right. But we've already said goodbye once today. It's probably best if you two just go" Martha turns her back, but the Doctor and {Y/N} just stand there.

"What is it?"

"What? I said okay."

"Sorry?"

"Okay" the Doctor says nodding towards the TARDIS.

"Oh, thank you, thank you!" they all hug.

"Well, you were never really just a passenger, were you?" {Y/N} chuckles, they all go into the TARDIS, and it dematerialises. The telephone rings.

"Hi, I'm out. Leave a message."

"Martha, it's your mother. Please phone me back. I'm begging you. I know who this Doctor and {Y/N} really are. I know they're dangerous. You're going to get yourself killed. Please, trust me. This information comes from Harold Saxon himself. You're not safe!"

---

~Bread 🍞