Gridlock Pt. 3

"If you won't take us, we'll go down on our own" the Doctor says, as him and {Y/N} move towards the door.

"What do you think you're doing?" Brannigan asks.

"Finding our own way. We usually do" {Y/N} says as the Doctor sonics open a trapdoor in the floor of the car.

"Capsule open" a car stops directly beneath them.

"Here we go" {Y/N} shrugs off her coat and so does the Doctor who takes her coat and his and chucks it to Valerie.

"Look after those. We love those coats. Janis Joplin gave us those coats" the Doctor says.

"But you two can't jump."

"If it's any consolation, Valerie, right now, I'm saving those kittens" the Doctor says.

"This Martha. She must mean an awful lot to you two."

"Hardly know her. I was too busy showing off" the Doctor says.

"And I lied to her. Couldn't help it, just lied" {Y/N} adds running her hand over her face.

"Bye then" the Doctor grabs {Y/N}'s hand and they both drop to the roof of the car below. The Doctor sonics open the roof hatch and drops in followed by {Y/N}, they see a man with very pale skin, wearing a white suit.

"Capsule open."

"Who the hell are you two?" the man asks.

"Sorry, Motorway Foot Patrol. We're doing a survey. How are you enjoying your motorway?" {Y/N} asks.

"Well, not very much. Junction Five's been closed for three years."

"Thank you. Your comments have been noted. Have a nice day!" the Doctor says opening the floor hatch and hangs there until the next car stops underneath him he drops to the roof of it followed by {Y/N}.

"Capsule open" this one has two young Asian women in it. {Y/N} and the Doctor pass straight through.

"Capsule open."

"Thank you for your cooperation. Your comments have been noted. Do you mind if we borrow these?" {Y/N} picks up two small headscarfs, passes one to the Doctor and they both use it as a mask.

"Not my colour, but thank you very much" again the Doctor and {Y/N} jump to the car below.

"Capsule open."

"Ooo! Don't mind us" {Y/N} laughs awkwardly and jumps down after the Doctor.

"Capsule open" this happens for some time when finally, their far enough down the Doctor slips into the car that they were on, {Y/N} crouches on top looking for any sign of the car Martha was in.

"Couldn't we just cheat?" she hears the Doctor says.

"Well, I'd love to, but it's an automated system. The wheel would lock" she rolls her eyes and jumps in.

"Then excuse me" she says, the man and the Doctor look at her as she starts to open the floor hatch.

"You can't jump. It's a thousand feet down" the man says.

"No, I just want to look" {Y/N} says, that's when a growl can be heard as she opens the hatch.

"What's that noise?" the Doctor asks, {Y/N} shuts the hatch and stands up.

"I try not to think about it" the man says.

"What are those lights? What's down there? We just need to see" {Y/N} says as the Doctor sonics the car computer.