Blink Pt. 2

Banto's DVD Store - new, second hand and rare. A bearded man at the counter is watching a shoot out on a film on the television fastened to the wall.

"Excuse me, I'm looking for Lawrence Nightingale" Sally says.

"Through the back" Sally walks past the man and into the back room.

"Hello?"

"Martha" {Y/N} says looking up at Martha.

"Sorry" Martha leaves the picture.

"Quite possibly" the Doctor pauses "Afraid so." Larry enters from even further back in the premises.

"Oh. Hello. Can I help you?"

"Hi."

"Thirty-eight" {Y/N} says, putting her glasses on.

"Er, just a mo" Larry pauses the playback "hang on. We've met, haven't we."

"It'll come to you" Sally says.

"Oh, my God" he crosses his hands in front of his groin.

"There it is."

"Sorry. Sorry again about the whole..."

"Message from your sister."

"Oh! Okay. What? What is it? What's the message?"

"She's had to go away for a bit."

"Where?"

"Just a work thing. Nothing to worry about."

"Okay."

"And..."

"And what?"

"She loves you."

"She what?"

"She said to say. She just sort of mentioned it. She loves you. There, that's nice, isn't it?" Sally asks.

"Is she ill?"

"No! No."

"Am I ill?"

"No!"

"Is this a trick?"

"No. She loves you."

"Yeah. Yeah, people don't understand time. It's not what you think it is" {Y/N} says Larry pauses it again.

"Who are these two?" Sally asks.

"Sorry, the pause thing keeps slipping. Stupid thing" Larry mutters.

"Last night at Kathy's, you had him on all those screens. That same two. Talking about, I don't know, blinking or something."

"Yeah, the bit about the blinking's great. I was just checking to see if they were all the same."

"What were the same? What is this? Who are they?"

"An Easter egg."

"Excuse me?"

"Like a DVD extra, yeah? You know how on DVDs they put extras on, documentaries and stuff? Well, sometimes they put on hidden ones, and they call them Easter eggs. You have to go looking for them. Follow a bunch of clues on the menu screen."

"Complicated" the Doctor says.

"Sorry. It's interesting, actually. They are on seventeen different DVDs. There are seventeen totally unrelated DVDs, all with them on. Always hidden away, always a secret. Not even the publishers know how they got there. I've talked to the manufacturers, right? They don't even know. They're like a ghost DVD extra. Just shows up where they're not supposed to be. But only on those. Those seventeen."

"Well, what do they do?"