Aliens Of London Pt. 4

{Y/N} stands at the console while the Doctor is below it fiddling with something leaving Mickey and Rose with {Y/N} pretty much.

"So..." Mickey starts walking over to the console {Y/N} looks up from the other side of it, a small smile making its way to her lips "what are you doing down there?" {Y/N} shakes her head knowing exactly what the Doctor will do.

"Rickey" Mickey furrows his eyebrows.

"Mickey."

"Rickey. If I was to tell you what I was doing to the controls of my frankly magnificent time ship, would you even begin to understand?"

"I suppose not."

"Well, shut it, then" Mickey huffs and turns towards Rose and {Y/N}.

"Some friend you've got" {Y/N} waves him over and she sits him on the chair.

"He's winding you up. I'm sorry."

"Ok" Mickey replies.

"I am though" {Y/N} says crossing her arms and leaning against the railing.

"Every day, I looked. On every street corner, wherever I went, looking for a blue box for a whole year " {Y/N} looks down and that's when Rose speaks up.

"It's only been a few days for me. I don't know. It's, it's hard to tell inside this thing but I swear it's just a few days since I left you" she says placing her hand on Mickey's shoulder.

"Not enough time to miss me, then?"

"I did miss you."

"I missed you" {Y/N} smiles but doesn't look up.

"So, er, in twelve months, have you been seeing anyone else?"

"No."

"Okay."

"Mainly because everyone thinks I murdered you."

"Right."

"So, now that you've come back, are you going to stay?" Rose goes to speak but that's when the Doctor jumps out from underneath the console and starts talking.

"Got it! Ha, ha! Patched in the radar, looped it back twelve hours so we can follow the flight of that spaceship. Here we go. Hold on. Come on" {Y/N} walks over her boots creating an echo around the control room due to the grated floor, she stands in front of the monitor screen with her hand on her chin, Rose, Mickey and the Doctor soon find themselves standing behind her.

"That's the spaceship on its way to Earth, see?" she takes her hand off of her chin and points to the screen "Except. Hold on. See? The spaceship did a sling shot round Earth before it landed" she explains.

"What does that mean?" {Y/N} puts her hands in her pockets, turns towards them and leans against the console.

"It means it came from Earth in the first place. It went up and came back down. Whoever those aliens are, they haven't just arrived, they've been here for a while. But the real question here is, what have they been doing?"

*Time Skip*

"How many channels do you get?" Mickey asks looking up at {Y/N}, she tilts her head towards the celling thinking for a moment.

"All the basic packages" she replies smiling.

"You get sports channels?"

"Yes, we get the football" she looks towards the monitor screen and grabs Mickey's hand so he doesn't change the channel "hold on, I know that lot" the Doctor walks over standing behind her.