The Lazarus Experiment Pt. 1

The TARDIS lands, and the Doctor puts on the hand brake causing {Y/N} to stumble slightly.

"There we go. Perfect landing. Which isn't easy in such a tight spot" he says.

"You should be used to tight spots by now" {Y/N} mutters, the Doctor looks at her about to say something when Martha speaks up.

"Where are we?"

"The end of the line. No place like it" the Doctor replies as Martha walks out.

"Home. You took me home?"

"In fact, the morning after we left, so you've only been gone about twelve hours. No time at all, really" the Doctor says as he and {Y/N} step out after Martha.

"But all the stuff we've done. Shakespeare, New New York, old New York?"

"Yep, all in one night, relatively speaking. Everything should be just as it was. Books, CDs, laundry. So, back were you were, as promised" {Y/N} says.

"This is it?"

"Yeah, we should probably er..." the Doctor gets cuts off by Martha's home phone ringing.

"Hi, I'm out. Leave a message."

"I'm sorry" Martha says shaking her head.

"Martha, are you there? Pick it up, will you?"

"It's Mum. It'll wait."

"All right then, pretend that you're out if you like. I was only calling to say that your sister's on TV. On the news of all things. Just thought you might be interested" Martha turns on the television.

"The details are top secret"

"How could Tish end up on the news?"

"Tonight, I will demonstrate a device which will redefine our world."

"She's got a new job. PR for some research lab."

"With the push of a single button, I will change what it means to be human."

"Professor! Professor!" Martha puts the TV back on standby.

"Sorry. You were saying we should?" Martha asks looking back at the Doctor and {Y/N}.

"Yes, yes, we should. One trip is what we said" the Doctor says.

"Yeah. I suppose things just kind of escalated."

"Mmm. Seems to happen to us a lot" {Y/N} says.

"Thank you. For everything."

"It was our pleasure" the Doctor and {Y/N} go back into the TARDIS, {Y/N} closes the doors while the Doctor runs over to the console.

"Are you alright?" he asks noticing {Y/N} still had her hands on the doors, she runs over to the console pressing a button and runs back to the doors oping them.

"No, I'm sorry. Did he say he was going to change what it means to be human?" she asks looking at Martha who was staring at her in confusion.

*Time skip*

The Doctor, {Y/N} and Martha are in formal evening dress.

"Oh, black tie. Whenever I wear this, something bad always happens" the Doctor says as {Y/N} fixes it, she shakes her head.

"It's not the outfit, that's just you" {Y/N} says, the Doctor looks down at her.

"Anyway, I think it suits you. In a James Bond kind of way" Martha speaks up.

"James Bond? Really?" Martha nods soon enough they all walk up to a building labelled Lazarus Laboratories and walk in. In the middle of the room is a circular dais. On it is a man-sized frosted glass chamber and four upright posts, slightly curved at the top to aim at the chamber. A waiter walks past with a tray of food "oh, look, they've got nibbles! I love nibbles" the Doctor says grabbing some.