The Satan Pit Pt. 1

"Doctor? Any word?" Zach asks.

"I can't get a reply. Just nothing. I keep trying, but it's..."

"No, sorry, we're fine. Still here" the Doctor replies his voice coming through static.

"You could've said, you stupid" Rose laughs, the Doctor recoils as her laugh gives serious feedback.

"Whoa. Careful! Anyway, it's three of us. Me, {Y/N} and Ida. Hello. But the seal opened up. It's gone. All we've got left is this chasm" the Doctor says.

"How deep is it?" Zach asks.

"Can't tell. It looks like it goes down forever" {Y/N} replies.

"The pit is open" Rose says, "that's what the voice said."

"But there's nothing. I mean, there's nothing coming out?" Zach asks.

"No, no. No sign of the Beast" the Doctor says.

"It said Satan" Rose replies.

"Come on, Rose. Keep it, together" the Doctor says.

"Is there no such thing? Doctor, {Y/N}, tell me there's no such thing" Rose says.

"Ida? I recommend that you withdraw" Zach says "immediately."

"But, we've come all this way" Ida says.

"Okay" Zach replies "that was an order. Withdraw. When that thing opened, the whole planet's shifted. One more inch and we fall into the black hole. So, this thing stops right now."

"But it's not much better up there with the Ood" Ida says.

"I'm initiating strategy nine, so I need the three of you back up top immediately, no ar..." Zach starts but Ida turns off the comm cutting him off mid-sentence.

"What do you think?" Ida asks.

"I think they've an order" the Doctor says.

"Yeah, but what do you think?"

"It said, I am the temptation" {Y/N} says.

"Well, if there's something in there, why is it still hiding?"

"Maybe we opened the prison but not the cell" the Doctor says shrugging.

"We should go down. I'd go. What about you two?" Ida asks.

"Oh. Oh, in a second, but then again, that is so human" the Doctor says.

"Where angels fear to tread. Even now, standing on the edge. It's that feeling you get, eh? Right at the back of your head. That impulse. That strange little impulse. That mad little voice saying, go on. Go on. Go on. Go over. Go on" {Y/N} adds.

"Maybe it's relying on that. For once in our life, Officer Scott, we're going to say retreat. Oh, now we know we're getting old. Rose, we're coming back" the Doctor says as him, {Y/N} and Ida walk back to the capsule.

"What's strategy nine?" {Y/N} asks.

"Open the airlocks. We'll be safe inside the lock down. The Ood will get thrown out into the vacuum" Ida replies.

"So, we're going back to a slaughter?"

"The devil's work, okay, we're in. Bring us up." Ida says.

"Ascension in three, two, one" Jefferson starts "Uh, the power went out."

"This is the darkness. This is my domain. You little things that live in the light, clinging to your feeble suns which die."

"That's not the Ood. Something's talking through them" Zach says.