Tooth & Claw Pt. 4

Robert, Rose, {Y/N} and the Doctor continue to talk about the wolf until Victoria speaks up.

"Sir Robert. If I am to die here..."

"Don't say that, Your Majesty."

"...I would destroy myself rather than let that creature infect me. But that's no matter. I ask only that you find some place of safekeeping for something far older and more precious than myself."

"Hardly the time to worry about your valuables" the Doctor says.

"Thank you for your opinion, but there is nothing more valuable than this" she pulls out a finest white carat diamond.

"Is that the Koh-I-Noor?" Rose asks.

"Oh, yes. The greatest diamond in the world" the Doctor replies.

"Given to me as the spoils of war. Perhaps its legend is now coming true. It is said that whoever owns it must surely die."

"Well, that's true of anything if you own it long enough. Can I?" {Y/N} asks, Victoria hands her the diamond in which {Y/N} starts to examine.

"That is so beautiful" the Doctor whispers looking over {Y/N}'s shoulder.

"How much is that worth?" Rose asks.

"They say the wages of the entire planet for a whole week" {Y/N} replies.

"Good job my mum's not here. She'd be fighting the wolf off with her bare hands for that thing" Rose says.

"And she'd win" the Doctor replies.

"Where is the wolf? I don't trust this silence" Robert says starting to pace.

"Why do you travel with it?" {Y/N} asks.

"My annual pilgrimage. I'm taking it to Helier and Carew, the Royal Jewellers at Hazelhead. The stone needs recutting" Victoria replies.

"Oh, but it's perfect" Rose says.

"My late husband never thought so."

"Now, there's a fact. Prince Albert kept on having the Koh-I-Noor cut down. It used to be forty percent bigger than this. But he was never happy. Kept on cutting and cutting" {Y/N} says smiling to herself.

"He always said the shine was not quite right. But he died with it still unfinished."

"Unfinished. Oh, yes, defiantly" {Y/N} hand Victoria back the stone.

"There's a lot of unfinished business in this house. His father's research, and your husband, Ma'am, he came here and he sought the perfect diamond. Hold on, hold on. All these separate things, they're not separate at all, they're connected. Oh, my head, my head. What if this house, it's a trap for you. Is that right, Ma'am?" the Doctor rambles.

"Obviously."

"At least, that's what the wolf intended. But, what if there's a trap inside the trap?"

"Explain yourself, Doctor."

"What if his father and your husband weren't just telling each other stories. They dared to imagine all this was true, and they planned against it, laying the real trap not for you but for the wolf" plaster dust falls from the roof, they all look up to the skylight to see the wolf "that wolf there" the glass cracks "out! Out! Out!" the Doctor ushers everyone out the door after moving the makeshift barricade, he then shuts the doors on the wolf.

"Your Majesty!" Robert calls.

"Get to the observatory!" {Y/N} says, they all run towards the observatory when suddenly Rose screams, everyone turns to look at her to see that the wolf had retreated.