The Parting Ways Pt. 2

The Doctor kneels on the ground pulling bits out of the conduits.

"Dalek plan. Big mistake, because what have they left us with? Anyone? Anyone? Oh, come on, it's obvious. A great big transmitter. This station. If I can change the signal, fold it back, sequence it, anyone?"

"You've got to be kidding," Jack says.

"Give the man a medal."

"A Delta Wave?"

"Aha! A Delta Wave!"

"What's a Delta Wave?" Rose asks.

"It's a wave of Van Cassadyne energy. It fries your brain. Stand in the way of a Delta Wave and your head gets barbequed" {Y/N} says.

"And this place can transmit a massive wave. Wipe out the Daleks!" the Doctor says.

"Well, get started and do it then," Lynda says.

"Trouble is, wave this size, building this big, brain as clever as mine, should take about, oh, three days? How long till the Fleet arrive?" the Doctor asks.

"Twenty-two minutes" a few minutes later after rerouting of bits and pieces Jack speaks up.

"We've now got a forcefield so they can't blast us out of the sky, but that doesn't stop the Daleks from physically invading."

"Do they know about the Delta Wave?"

"They'll have worked it out at the same time. So, they want to stop the Doctor and {Y/N}. That means they've got to get to this level, five hundred. Now, I can concentrate the extrapolator around the top six levels, five hundred to four nine five. So, they'll penetrate the station below that at level four nine four and fight their way up."

"Who are they fighting?"

"Us."

"And what are we fighting with?"

"The guards had guns with bastic bullets. That's enough to blow a Dalek wide open."

"There's six of us."

"Rose, you can help me. I need all these wires stripping bare" {Y/N} says.

"Right, now there's four of us."

"Then let's move it. Into the lift. Isolate the lift controls" Pavale and the woman run off.

"I just want to say, er, thanks, I suppose, and I'll do my best," Lynda says.

"Me too" the Doctor replies, they shake hands and Lynda moves away.

"It's been fun, but I guess this is goodbye," Jack says.

"Don't talk like that. The Doctor's going to do it. You just watch him" Rose says.

"Rose, you are worth fighting for" Jack grabs her face and kisses her "wish I'd never met you two. I was much better off as a coward" Jack then kisses {Y/N} and then the Doctor.

"See you in hell" with that Jack runs off leaving Rose, {Y/N} and the Doctor.

"He's going to be all right, isn't he?" Rose asks.

*Time skip*

{Y/N} sits next to the Doctor who was talking quietly making sure Rose doesn't hear.

"Suppose..." Rose starts walking up to them.

"What?" the Doctor looks up at her.

"Nothing" Rose shakes her head.

"You said suppose" {Y/N} says standing.

"No, I was just thinking. I mean, obviously you can't, but, you've got a time machine. Why can't you just go back to last week and warn them?" Rose asks.

"As soon as the TARDIS lands in that second, we become part of events, stuck in the timeline" {Y/N} says.

"Yeah, thought it'd be something like that" Rose says crossing her arms.

"There's another thing the Tardis could do. It could take us away. We could leave. Let history take its course. We go to Marbella in 1989" {Y/N} suggests.

"Yeah, but you'd never do that."

"No, but you could ask. Never even occurred to you, did it?"

"Well, I'm just too good."

"The Delta Wave's started building. How long does it need?" the Doctor asks also standing, they all move over to the console.

"Is that bad? Okay, it's bad. How bad is it?"

"Rose Tyler, you're a genius! We can do it. If I use the Tardis to cross my old timeline. Yes!" the Doctor pushes Rose and {Y/N} into the TARDIS.

"Hold that down and keep position" {Y/N} says standing across the console of the TARDIS.

"What's it do?"

"Cancels the buffers. If I'm very clever and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant, I might just save the world. Or rip it apart" the Doctor says scratching the back of his neck.

"I'd go for the first one" Rose says nodding.

"Me too. Now, I've just got to go and power up the Game Station. Hold on!" the Doctor runs out leaving {Y/N} and Rose in the TARDIS, the engines start and {Y/N} sighs sadly.

"{Y/N}, what's happing? Can I take my hand off? It's moving" {Y/N} stares at Rose a few tears falling from her eyes, Rose runs to the door "Doctor, let us out! let us out! Doctor, what've you done?" {Y/N} looks up as a hologram of the Doctor appears.

"This is Emergency Programme One. Rose, now listen, this is important. If this message is activated, then it can only mean one thing. We must be in danger. And I mean fatal. Either me or {Y/N} are dead or about to die any second with no chance of escape" Rose turns.

"No!"

"And that's okay. Hope it's a good death. But I promised to look after you so did {Y/N}, and that's what we're doing. The TARDIS is taking you home."

"I won't let you."

"I really do hope {Y/N} is with you though, if she is she'll protect you and will look out for you she always will and I bet you're fussing and moaning now. Typical. But hold on and just listen a bit more. The TARDIS can never return for me. Emergency Programme One means I'm facing an enemy that should never get their hands on this machine. So, this is what you should do. Let the TARDIS die. Just let this old box gather dust. No one can open it. No, one will even notice it. Let it become a strange little thing standing on a street corner. And over the years, the world will move on and the box will be buried. And if you want to remember us, then you can do one thing. That's all, one thing. Have a good life and not only look after yourself but {Y/N}... that is if she's there. Do that for me, Rose. Have a fantastic life" the hologram of the Doctor flickers out and {Y/N} closes her eyes looking down at the floor.

"You can't do this to me. You can't. {Y/N} Take me back! Take me back! No!" Rose runs over to the console trying to use the controls while {Y/N} watches on, the TARDIS soon stops and Rose runs outside and then back inside.

"Come on, fly. How do you fly, {Y/N}? Come on, help me!" {Y/N} looks at Rose sadly as she continues to try and start the TARDIS, Rose finally gives up and walks out followed by {Y/N}, that's when {Y/N} spots Mickey running towards them.

"I knew it! I was all the way down Clifton Parade, and I heard the engines. I thought, there's only one thing that makes a noise like that. What is it?" Rose leans into him wrapping her arms around him in tears, {Y/N} stand in the doorway of the TARDIS looking back in and then back at Rose and Mickey before shutting the doors to the TARDIS.

"Goodbye, old girl" {Y/N} whispers sliding her hand over the doors, the TARDIS gives off a low hum as if saying goodbye as well before going silent, she sighs and places her hand on Rose's back.

---

~Bread 🍞