Fear Her Pt. 1

The TARDIS materialises and the Doctor walks over to the doors opening them to see a pair of cargo containers. For once, she gets the door on the wrong side. {Y/N} looks at the screen and shakes her head.

"Ah" the Doctor turns around as {Y/N} turns the TARDIS so that the three weren't stuck, the Doctor again opens the doors to see that the TARDIS is now facing the right way.

"Ah!" {Y/N} and Rose make their way outside, Rose checks out a Shane Ward Greatest Hits poster on one of the containers.

"So, near future, yeah?" she asks.

"I had a passing fancy. Only it didn't pass, it stopped" the Doctor replies.

*Time skip*

"Thirtieth Olympiad" {Y/N} says smiling while looking around.

"No way! Why didn't I think of this? That's great" Rose says.

"Only seems like yesterday a few naked Greek blokes were tossing a discus about, wrestling each other in the sand with crowds stood around baying. No, wait a minute, that was Club Med. Just in time for the opening doo dah, ceremony, tonight, we thought you'd like that. Last one they had in London was dynamite. Wembley, 1948. We loved it so much, we went back and watched it all over again. Fella carrying the torch. Lovely chap, what was his?" the Doctor asks looking at {Y/N} who shrugs "Mark? John? Mark? Legs like pipe cleaners, but strong as a whippet."

"Doctor, {Y/N}."

"And in those days, everybody had a tea party to go to" {Y/N} says.

"Doctor, {Y/N}!"

"Did you ever have one of those little cakes with the crunchy ball bearings on top?" the Doctor asks.

"You should really look at this."

"Do you know those things? Nobody else in this entire galaxy's ever even bothered to make edible ball bearings. Genius" {Y/N} says as the Doctor and herself walk over to Rose and read the two posters that were stuck to a lamp post "Dale Hicks" {Y/N} says.

"What's taking them, do you think? Snatching children from a thoroughly ordinary street like this. Why's it so cold? Is someone reducing the temperature?" the Doctor says.

"It says they all went missing this week. Why would a person do something like this?" Rose asks.

"What makes you think it's a person?" {Y/N} replies.

"Whatever it is, it's got the whole street scared to death. Doctor, {Y/N}, what..." Rose turns to see the Doctor and {Y/N} running across the street their trench coats whipping at their legs, the Doctor examines the front lawn while {Y/N} investigates the goal that sat on the lawn she kneels down and puts her hand over the grass a while later the Doctor joins and starts giggling.

"Ooo, tickles!" he laughs.

"What's your game?" an older man asks from behind the two.

"My er. Snakes and Ladders? Quite good at squash. Reasonable. I'm being facetious, aren't I. There's no call for it" the Doctor says standing pulling {Y/N} up with him, the older man starts backing the two onto the road "we're, police officers! That's what we are. We've got a badge and a police car. You don't have to get. we can, we can prove it. Just hold on" the Doctor starts rummaging through pockets.

"We've had plenty of coppers poking around here, and you two don't look or sound like any of them."

"See, look. We've got a colleague. Lewis" {Y/N} says pointing to Rose.

"Well, she looks less like a copper than you two do."

"Training. New recruit. It was either that or hairdressing, so, voila!" the Doctor pulls out the psychic paper and shows the older man.

"What are you going to do?" a women asks walking up.

"The police have knocked on every door. No clues, no leads, nothing" another man says also walking up.

"Look, kids run off sometimes, all right? That's what they do" the older man replies.

"Saw it with me own eyes. Dale Hicks in your garden, playing with your Tommy, and then pfft! Right in front of me, like he was never there. There's no need to look any further than this street. It's right here amongst us" the other man says to the older one.

"Why don't we-" the Doctor starts but gets cut off by the women.

"Why don't we start with him? There's been all sorts like him in this street, day and night" she says pointing to the man in the orange safety vest.

"Fixing things up for the Olympics."

"Yeah, and taking an awful long time about it."

"I'm of the opinion that all we've got to do is just-" again the Doctor gets cut off by the arguing adults.

"You don't. What you just said, that's slander!"

"I don't care what it is."

"I think we need to just-" the Doctor tires again but fails to gain their attention.

"I want an apology off her."

"Stop picking on him."

"Yeah, stop picking on me."

"And stop pretending to be blind. It's evil!"

"I don't believe in evil."

"Oh no, you just believe in tarmackers with sack loads of kidnapped kiddies in their van."

"Here, here, here, that's not what she's saying."

"Would you stop ganging up on me."

"Feeling guilty, are we?"

"Fingers on lips!" {Y/N} shouts putting her finger on her lips, everyone joins.

"In the last six days, three of your children have been stolen. Snatched out of thin air, right?" the Doctor asks.

"Er, can I? Look around you. This was a safe street till it came. It's not a person. I'll say it if no one else will. Maybe you're coppers, maybe you're not. I don't care who you are. Can you please help us?" one of the women looks up at a window and quickly walks insider her house, a short time later the Doctor, {Y/N} and Rose are back over at the front lawn with the goal and the Doctor is walking around sniffing.

"Want a hanky?" Rose asks.

"Can you smell it? What does it remind you of?" the Doctor asks stopping his sniffing.

"Sort of metal?"

"Mmm hmm."

"Oh."

---

~Bread 🍞