Dalek Pt. 1

{Y/N} walks over to the TARDIS doors to see it has materialised in a dimly lit area with carpeting and display cases, she furrows her eyebrows.

"So, what is it? What's wrong?" Rose asks walking over, {Y/N} steps out followed by Rose.

"Don't know. Some kind of signal drawing the TARDIS off course" {Y/N} replies looking around and squinting.

"Where are we?" Rose asks also looking around.

"Earth. Utah, North America. About half a mile underground" the Doctor says stepping out of the TARDIS and closing the door behind him.

"And, when are we?"

"Two thousand and twelve" he replies looking at a display case.

"God, that's so close. So, I should be twenty-six" {Y/N} finds the light switch and turns it on.

"Blimey. It's a great big museum" Rose says looking around in awe.

"An alien museum. Someone's got a hobby. They must have spent a fortune on this. Chunks of meteorite, moon dust. That's the milometer from the Roswell spaceship" {Y/N} says, looking in a display case.

"That's a bit of Slitheen! That's a Slitheen's arm. It's been stuffed" Rose says the Doctor walks over to her to take a look.

"Oh, look at you" {Y/N} whispers, Rose walks over to her followed by the Doctor.

"What is it?" Rose asks as all three look at the Cyberman head, {Y/N} shrugs.

"An old friend of ours. Well, enemy. The stuff of nightmares reduced to an exhibit. We're getting old" {Y/N} says looking up at the Doctor.

"Is that where the signal's coming from?"

"No, it's stone dead. The signal's alive. Something's reaching out, calling for help" the Doctor says leaning forward and touching the display case which causes an alarm to go off and armed guards to rush in from all sides cutting them off from the TARDIS.

"If someone's collecting aliens, that makes you two Exhibit A and B," Rose says, a while later a woman named Goddard walks beside them as they all walk into a room.

"What does it do?" the man at the desk asks looking up at the other man.

"Well, you see the tubes on the side? It must be to channel something. I think maybe fuel."

"I really wouldn't hold it like that" {Y/N} says.

"Shut it." Goddard says.

"Really, though, that's wrong" {Y/N} continues.

"Is it dangerous?" {Y/N} snorts and shakes her head.

"No, it just looks silly" she says her face scrunching, and putting out her hands for the item, the man who was sitting down hands her the palm-sized object "you just need to be..." she strokes the side and it makes a note she smiles "...delicate" she continues to play several different notes.

"It's a musical instrument."

"Mhm, and it's a long way from home."

"Here, let me" the man takes it from her hand and the sounds that emit from it are harsh and horrible.

"I did say delicate. It reacts to the smallest fingerprint. It needs precision" {Y/N} says, the man nods and finally gets the hang of it "very good. Quite the expert."

"As are you" the man then casually tosses it aside and it lands on the floor "who exactly are you?"

"I'm {Y/N}, that's the Doctor, and that's Rose. And who are you?" she asks with her head tilted, the man scoffs.

"Like you don't know. We're hidden away with the most valuable collection of extra-terrestrial artefacts in the world, and you just stumbled in by mistake."

"Pretty much sums me up, yeah."

"The question is, how did you get in? Fifty-three floors down, with your little cat burglar accomplice. You're quite a collector yourself, she's rather pretty" he gestures to Rose.

"She's going to smack you if you keep calling her she," Rose says squinting.

"She's English too! Hey, little Lord Fauntleroy. Got you a girlfriend."

"This is Mister Henry Van Statten."

"And who's he when he's at home?" Rose asks.

"Mister Van Statten owns the internet."

"Don't be stupid. No one owns the internet" Rose laughs.

"And let's just keep the whole world thinking that way, right kids?"

"So, you're just about an expert in everything except the things in your museum. Anything you don't understand, you lock up" {Y/N} says.

"And you claim greater knowledge?" Henry says.

"I don't need to make claims, I know how good I am."

"And yet, I captured you and your little friends. Right next to the Cage. What were you doing down there?"

"You tell me" {Y/N} shrugs.

"The cage contains my one living specimen."

"And what's that?"

"Like you don't know."

"Show me and the Doctor."

"You two want to see it?"

"Blimey, you can smell the testosterone," Rose says.

"Goddard, inform the Cage we're heading down. You, English. Look after the girl. Go and canoodle or spoon or whatever it is you British do. And you, Doctor with no name and {Y/N}, come and see my pet" Henry, the Doctor, Goddard and {Y/N} all stop outside the Cage "we've tried everything. The creature has shielded itself but there are definite signs of life inside."

"Inside? Inside what?" the Doctor asks.

"Welcome back, sir. I've had to take the power down. The Metaltron is resting."

"Metaltron?" {Y/N} asks.

"Thought of it myself. Good, isn't it? Although I'd much to prefer to find out its real name" Henry says.

"Here, you'd better put these on. The last guy that touched it burst into flames."

"We won't touch it then" {Y/N} says.

"Go ahead, Doctor, {Y/N}. Impress me" the Doctor and {Y/N} step through the door and are greeted by darkness, they walk in further and the door closes and locks.

"Do you wanna talk to whatever's in here?" {Y/N} asks.

"Uh, nope, I'm good" {Y/N} sighs feeling slightly uncomfortable, as she talks a feeling she hadn't felt in a long time resurfaces.

"Look, I'm sorry about this. Mister Van Statten might think he's clever, but never mid him. We've come to help. I'm {Y/N} and this is the Doctor" she says he eyes landing on a white light as it blinks next to a blue glow.

"{Y- N}?" her eyes go wide and she is stood in stunned silence.

"Impossible," the Doctor says shuffling towards {Y/N}.

"The Doctor?" The light turns on to reveal the one thing that the two Time-Lords would hope to never see again... there stood a Dalek held in chains "Exterminate! Exterminate!" the Doctor tries to pull {Y/N} over to the door but then quickly runs and starts hammering on the door.

"Let us out!"

"Exterminate!"

---

~Bread 🍞