The Girl In The Fireplace Pt. 4

The Doctor and {Y/N} walk... well more stumble down the hall arm in arm laughing like maniacs, singing off key and very, very, very drunk.

"I could've danced all night, I could've danced all night" the Doctor sings chuckling.

"They called him the. They called him the, the..." the Doctor and {Y/N} stumble into the room where Rose and Mickey were currently tide up, the Doctor had a goblet in his hand while {Y/N} had his tie wrapped around her head.

"And still have begged for more. I could've spread my wings and done a thou. Have you met the French? My god, they know how to party!" {Y/N} giggles wavering to one side.

"Oh, look at what the cat dragged in. The Oncoming Storms" Rose says looking at the two drunk Time Lords.

"Oh, you sound just like your mother" the Doctor says pouting.

"What've you two been doing? Where've you been?" Rose says.

"Well, among other things, I think we just invented the banana daiquiri a few centuries early. Do you know, they've never even seen a banana before" {Y/N} says laughing the Doctor laughs as well.

"Always take a banana to a party, Rose. Bananas are good!" the Doctor says walking over to Rose making {Y/N} and himself fall into another fit of giggles.

"Oh ho, ho, ho, ho, brilliant. It's you. You're my favourite, you are. You are the best! Do you know why? Because you're so thick. You're Mister Thick Thick Thickity Thick Face from Thicktown, Thickania..." {Y/N} says looking at the androids "and so's your dad" she says snorting and covering her mouth the Doctor looks at her and grins. 

"Do you know what they were scanning Reinette's brain for? Her milometer. They want to know how old she is. Know why? Because this ship is thirty-seven years old, and they think that when Reinette is thirty-seven, when she's complete, then her brain will be compatible" the Doctor says.

"So, that's what you're missing, isn't it, hmm? Command circuit. Your computer. Your ship needs a brain. And for some reason, God knows what, only the brain of Madame de Pompadour will do" {Y/N} says waving her hand about.

"The brain is compatible."

"Compatible? If you believe that, you probably believe this is a glass of wine" the Doctor says holding up the goblet, he then walks towards the clockwork android and pours the contents over the droid and it seizes up.

"Multigrain anti-oil. If it moves, it doesn't" {Y/N} stands at the console and finds the off switch and hits it.

"Right, you two, that's enough lying about. Time, we got the rest of the ship turned off" the Doctor frees Mickey and Rose.

"Are those things safe?" Mickey asks.

"Yeah. Safe. Safe and thick, way I like them. Okay. All the time windows are controlled from here. I need to close them all down. Zeus plugs. Where are my Zeus plugs? I had them a minute ago. I was using them as castanets" {Y/N} says going through her pockets.

"Why didn't they just open a time window to when she was thirty-seven?" Rose asks.

"With the amount of damage to these circuits, they did well to hit the right century. Trial and error after that. The windows aren't closing. Why won't they close?" {Y/N} grumbles, that's when a bell rings.

"What's that?" Rose asks.

"I don't know. Incoming message?" the Doctor replies.

"From who?" Mickey asks.

"Report from the field. One of them must still be out there with Reinette. That's why I can't close the windows. There's an override" {Y/N} says, the android that had the oil poured on its head reactivates and expels the oil through its finger and onto the floor.

"Well, that was a bit clever" the Doctor says, {Y/N} looks down as the off switch moves itself to on again.

"Right. Many things about this are not good. Message from one of your little friends? Anything interesting?" {Y/N} asks, taking the Doctor's tie off her head and handing it back to him.

"She is complete. It begins" all the androids teleport out.

"What's happening?" Rose asks.

"One of them must have found the right time window. Now it's time to send in the troops. And this time they're bringing back her head" {Y/N} says moving out of the room with Mickey, Rose and the Doctor following.

*Time skip*

"You found it, then?" Rose asks as {Y/N} stands at the mirror they had used earlier.

"They knew I was coming. They blocked it off" {Y/N} again walks off, they soon make it to another room where there was a large screen showing the ballroom.

"I don't get it. How come they got in there?" Rose asks.

"They teleported. You saw them. As long as the ship and the ballroom are linked, their short-range teleports will do the trick" the Doctor says.

"Well, we'll go in the TARDIS!" Rose says.

"We can't use the TARDIS. We're part of events now" {Y/N} says.

"Well, can't we just smash through?" Mickey asks.

"Hyperplex this side, plate glass the other. We need a truck" the Doctor replies.

"We don't have a truck" Mickey says.

"I know we don't have a truck!"

"Well, we've got to try something" Rose says, {Y/N} taps her chin and then quickly runs off.

"Back in tick!" she shouts, the Doctor's eyes widen.

"No. Smash the glass, smash the time window. There'd be no way back!" he shouts.

"Could everyone just calm down? Please"

*Time skip*

The Doctor, Rose and Mickey watch as Reinette is pushed to her knees by the androids.

"You think I fear you, but I do not fear you even now. You are merely the nightmare of my childhood. The monster from under my bed. And if my nightmare can return to plague me, then rest assured, so will yours" Reinette says, suddenly the mirror that was over the fireplace is smashed and {Y/N} comes through on {H/N}, they land and she dismounts walking over to Reinette.

"Madame de Pompadour. You look younger every day" she says helping Reinette up.

"What the hell is going on?" the King of France asks.

"Oh. This is my lover, the King of France" Reinette says.

"Yeah? Well, I'm the Lord of Time, and I'm here to fix the clock" she walks over to the main android and takes its mask off, it suddenly brings its blade up pointing it at her throat "forget it. It's over. For you and for me. Talk about seven years bad luck. Try three thousand" she says.

"What happened? Where did the time window go? How's she going to get back?" Mickey asks, the Doctor slams his hands on the panel in front of him.

"You stupid, stupid, stupid girl" he whispers, looking down at his hands tears falling from both his and Rose's eyes.

"The link with the ship is broken. No way back. You don't have the parts. How many ticks left in that clockwork heart, huh? A day? An hour? It's over. Accept that. I'm not winding you up" {Y/N} says, the androids all wind down and one falls backwards smashing on the floor "you, all right?"

"What's happened to them?" Reinette asks.

"They've stopped. They have no purpose now" {Y/N} replies a small smile on her face.

---

~Bread 🍞