Fear Her Pt. 4

A while later they are all collecting all the pencils they can find.

"Chloe usually got the brunt of his temper when he'd had a drink. The day he crashed the car, I thought we were free. I thought it was over."

"Did you talk to her about it?" Rose asks.

"I didn't want to."

"But maybe that's why Chloe feels so alone. Because she has all these terrible dreams about her dad, but she can't talk to you about them."

"Her and the Isolus. Two lonely kids who need each other" the Doctor says.

"And it won't stop, will it, it'll just keep pulling kids in."

"It's desperate to be loved. It's used to a pretty big family" {Y/N} says.

"How big?"

"Say around four billion?"

*Time skip*

"We need that pod" the Doctor says as him, {Y/N} and Rose walk out of the house.

"It crashed. Won't it be destroyed?" Rose asks.

"Well, it's been sucking in all the heat it can. Hopefully that should keep it in a fit state to launch. It must be close. It should have a weak energy signature that the TARDIS can trace. Once we find it, then we can stop the Isolus" {Y/N} says.

"We can scan for the same trace that we picked up from the scribble creature. We'd need to widen the field a bit" the Doctor says as they walk into the TARDIS.

A while later the Doctor is building a gizmo.

"You knew the Isolus was lonely before it told you. How?" Rose asks looking at {Y/N} who was helping the Doctor.

"We know what it's like to travel a long way on your own. Give me the styner-magnetic. The thing in your left hand" {Y/N} says pointing to Rose's left hand, she ands it to {Y/N}.

"Sounds like you're on its side" Rose says.

"We sympathise, that's all" the Doctor says.

"The Isolus has caused a lot of pain for these people."

"It's a child. That's why it went to Chloe. Two lonely mixed up kids" {Y/N} says.

"Feels to me like a temper tantrum because it can't get its own way."

"It's scared. Come on, you were a kid once. Binary dot" {Y/N} smiles.

"Yes, and I know what kids can be like. Right little terrors."

"Gum" Rose spits out her chewing gum, and hands it to {Y/N} who hands it to the Doctor.

"I've got cousins. Kids can't have it all their own way. That's part of being a family."

"What about trying to understand them?" {Y/N} asks.

"Easy for you to say. You two don't have kids" {Y/N}'s hand twitches and the Doctor looks at her out of the corner of his eye.

"We were parents once" the Doctor whispers.

"What did you say?" Rose asks, the Doctor and {Y/N} ignore her continuing to work on the gizmo a few seconds later the Doctor places a glass lid on it.

"I think we're there. Fear, loneliness. They're the big ones, Rose. Some of the most terrible acts ever committed have been inspired by them. We're not dealing with something that wants to conquer or destroy. There's a lot of things you need to get across this universe. Warp drive, wormhole refractors. You know the thing you need most of all? You need a hand to hold" {Y/N} picks up the gizmo and holds it in her hands as the Doctor takes Rose's outstretched hand.