The Sound Of Drums Pt. 4

"Master, just calm down. Just look at what you're doing. Just stop. If you could see yourself" {Y/N} says.

"Oh, do excuse me. Little bit of personal business. Back in a minute. Let him go" the Master points to the Doctor.

"It's that sound. The sound in your head. What if we could help?" the Doctor says.

"Oh, how to shut him up? I know. Memory Lane. Professor Lazarus. Remember him and his genetic manipulation device? What, did you think that little Tish got that job merely by coincidence? I've been laying traps for you two all this time. And if I can concentrate all that Lazarus technology into one little screwdriver? But, ooo, if I only had the Doctor's biological code. Oh, wait a minute, I do" the Master opens a large metal briefcase "I've got his hand. And if Lazarus made himself younger, what if I reverse it? Another hundred years?"

"No, don't you dare!" {Y/N} shouts struggling to get out of the two men's grip, the Master turns towards her and laughs as he aims his screwdriver at the Doctor, who goes into rapid convulsions. Jack revives with Martha next to him, {Y/N} watches in horror "No, let go of me!" {Y/N} screams, The Master stops zapping the Doctor, who now looks at least a hundred years old, {Y/N} stops struggling and looks at the Doctor as Martha runs over to him.

"Doctor? I've got you" Martha says.

"Ah, she's a would-be doctor. But tonight, Martha Jones, we've flown them in all the way from prison" the Master says pointing towards the door where Clive, Tish and Francine are brought in, their wrists fastened together with cable ties.

"Come on, move."

"Mum."

"I'm sorry."

"The Toclafane. What are they? Who are they?" {Y/N} asks.

"{Y/N}, if I told you the truth, your hearts would break" the Master says.

"Is it time? Is it ready?"

"Is the machine singing?"

"Two minutes past. So, Earthing's. Basically, er, end of the world. Here come the drums!" the Master shouts Rogue Trader's song 'Voodoo Child' starts playing as the paradox machine in the TARDIS activates.

"Here come the drums. Here come the drums. Baby, baby, baby. You are my voodoo child, my voodoo child. Don't say maybe, maybe" a tear appears in the sky above the Valiant and thousands of spheres pour out.

"It's supernatural. I'm coming undone. Baby, baby, baby. You are my voodoo child, my voodoo child. Don't say maybe, maybe. It's supernatural. I'm coming undone. Baby, baby, baby. You are my voodoo child, my voodoo child."

"How many do you think?"

"I, I don't know."

"Six billion. Down you go, kids!" the spheres head to the population centres and open fire "shall we decimate them? That sounds good. A nice word, decimate. Remove one tenth of the population!" {Y/N} watches as the Doctor whispers something to Martha She moves away from him, holding Jack's bracelet, and looks towards {Y/N} who nods.

"Valiant, this is Geneva. We're getting slaughtered down here. Valiant, report. Help us. For God's sake, help us! They're everywhere!" other reports come in in other languages.

"This is London, Valiant. This is London calling. What do we do? They're killing us! The Toclafane are all around. They're killing us" Martha teleports away. The Doctor, {Y/N} and Jack look at each other, and the Doctor nods. The Master takes {Y/N} over to the window so she can watch the slaughter, leaving the Doctor on the floor.

"And so, it came to pass that the human race fell, and the Earth was no more. And I looked down upon my new dominion as Master of all, and I thought it good. What do you say... sister?" {Y/N} looks at him out of the corner of her eye. 

---

~Bread 🍞