School Reunion Pt. 1

The Doctor takes long strides towards the door and looks back at {Y/N} who was behind him, she nods and he opens the door with her following.

"Good morning, class. Are we sitting comfortably?" he asks, instantly walking over to the board and writing 'Physics' in big letters across the board, {Y/N} walks over to the desk and sits on it swinging her legs back and forth.

"So, physics. Physics, eh? Physics. Physics. Physics! Physics. Physics, physics, physics, physics, physics, physics, physics" the Doctor rambles as he leans on the desk next to {Y/N} and throwing his head back as well as puffing out his cheeks.

"I hope one of you is getting all this down. Okay let's see what you know. Two identical strips of nylon are charged with static electricity and hung from a string so they can swing freely. What would happen if they were brought near each other?" {Y/N} asks, a young boy with glasses puts his hand up "yes, er, what's your name?"

"Milo."

"Milo! Off you go" the Doctor says grinning.

"They'd repel each other because they have the same charge."

"Correctamundo! A word I have never used before and hopefully never will again. Question two. I coil up a thin piece of microwire and place it in a glass of water. Then I turn on the electricity and measure to see if the water's temperature is affected. My question is this. How do I measure the electrical power going into the coil?" the Doctor asks, Milo raises his hand again while everyone else looks totally bored.

"Someone else. No? Okay, Milo, go for it" {Y/N} nods at the young boy.

"Measure the current and PDs in an ammeter and a voltmeter."

"Two to Milo. Right then, Milo, tell me this. True or false. The greater the dampening of the system, the quicker it loses energy to its surroundings" {Y/N} asks hopping of the desk.

"False."

"What is non-coding DNA?" the Doctor asks.

"DNA that doesn't code for a protein."

"Sixty-five thousand nine hundred and eighty-three times five?" {Y/N} asks.

"Three hundred and twenty-nine thousand nine hundred and fifteen."

"How do you travel faster than light?" the Doctor asks.

"By opening a quantum tunnel with an FTL factor of thirty-six point seven recurring" both {Y/N} and the Doctor's jaw's drop.

*Time skip*

{Y/N} and the Doctor stand in line waiting to be served when suddenly mash potato is slopped onto their trays, they both walk away with noticeable grins etched on their faces and find a vacant table and sit.

"Two days" Rose whisper shouts walking up to them, the Doctor looks up.

"Sorry, could you just? There's a bit of gravy. No, no, just, just there" the Doctor says pointing, {Y/N} shakes her head a small smile on her face.

"Two days, we've been here" Rose says.

"Blame your boyfriend. He's the one who put us onto this. And he was right. Boy in class this morning, got a knowledge way beyond planet Earth" the Doctor says, {Y/N} leans over taking one of his chips, he turns to her and squints his eyes, she gives him a grin.

"You eating those chips?" Rose asks looking at the Doctor.

"Yeah, they're a bit different."

"I think they're gorgeous. Wish I had school dinners like this."

"It's very well behaved, this place" {Y/N} says.

"Mmm."

I thought there'd be happy slapping hoodies. Happy slapping hoodies with ASBOs. Happy slapping hoodies with ASBOs and ringtones. Huh? Huh? Oh, yeah. Don't tell me I don't fit in" the Doctor says, that's when the head cafeteria lady walks over.

"You are not permitted to leave your station during a sitting" she says pointing at Rose.

"I was just talking to these teachers."

"Hello."

"Hi."

"He doesn't like the chips" Rose says pointing to the Doctor.

"The menu has been specifically designed by the headmaster to improve concentration and performance. Now, get back to work."

"See? This is me. Dinner lady."

"I'll have the crumble" {Y/N} says laughing.

"I'm so going to kill you both" Rose mumbles walking away leaving a laughing {Y/N} and Doctor behind.

*Time skip*

"Yesterday, I had a twelve-year-old girl give me the exact height of the Walls of Troy in cubits."

"And, it's ever since the new headmaster arrived?" the Doctor asks.

"Finch arrived three months ago. Next day, half the staff got flu. Finch replaced them with that lot, except for the teachers you two replaced, and that was just plain weird, them winning the lottery like that."

"How's that weird?" {Y/N} asks.

"They've never played. Said the ticket was posted through their doors at midnight."

"Hmm. The world is very strange" the Doctor says quietly, that's when headmaster Finch walks in with a very familiar looking person.

"Excuse me, colleagues. A moment of your time. May I introduce Miss Sarah Jane Smith. Miss Smith is a journalist who's writing a profile about me for the Sunday Times. I thought it might be useful for her to get a view from the trenches, so to speak. Don't spare my blushes" with that Finch leaves and the Doctor and {Y/N} look each other smiling.

"Hello" Sarah says walking up to them.

"Oh, I should think so" the Doctor replies.

"And, you are?"

"Hm? Er, Smith. John Smith, this is my wife... Mary Smith" {Y/N} cringes ever so slightly but covers it up with a smile.

"John and Mary Smith. I used to have friends who sometimes went by those names."

"Well, they're very common names" {Y/N} says.

"They were a very uncommon couple. Nice to meet you two."

"Nice to meet you. Yes, very nice. More than nice. Brilliant" the Doctor says grinning.

"Er, so, er, have you worked here long?"

"No. Er, it's only our second day" {Y/N} says.

"Oh, you're new, then. So, what do you think of the school? I mean, this new curriculum? So many children getting ill. Doesn't that strike you as odd?"

"You don't sound like someone just doing a profile" the Doctor says still grinning.

"Well, no harm in a little investigation while I'm here."

"No. Good for you" Sarah Jane laughs lightly and moves away from the two "good for you. Oh, good for you, Sarah Jane Smith."

---

~Bread 🍞