New Earth Pt. 2

{Y/N} sits crossed legged on the tiled floor playing with the cup the Doctor had gotten her a while ago.

"That's very kind. There's no need" Hame says.

"You're the one working" the Doctor replies.

"There's not much to do, just maintain his smoke. And I suppose I'm company. I can hear him singing, sometimes, in my mind. Such ancient songs."

"Are we the only visitors?"

"The rest of Boe-kind became extinct long ago. He's the only one left. Legend says that the Face of Boe has watched the universe grow old. There's all sorts of superstitions around him. One story says that just before his death, the Face of Boe will impart his great secret, that he will speak those words only to ones that are like himself."

"What does that mean?" {Y/N} asks.

"It's just a story."

"Tell us the rest."

"It's said he'll talk to two wanderers. To the ones without a home. The lonely Gods" {Y/N} looks up at the Doctor who kneels down next to her.

"I'm going to call and see where Rose is" he says, she nods and he kisses her cheek before getting up and walking off, a while later he walks back over and helps her stand they say they're thanks to Hame and walk around to look at all the other patients, along the way they find Rose and {Y/N} drags her over to one that person floating in mid-air

"There you are. Come and look at this patient. Marconi's Disease. Should take years to recover. Two days. I've never seen anything like it. They've invented a cell washing cascade. It's amazing. Their medical science is way advanced. And this one..." she drags Rose to another patient who looks as white as his bed gown.

"Pallidome Pancrosis. Kills you in ten minutes, and he's fine. I need to find a terminal. I've got to see how they do this. Because if they've got the best medicine in the world, then why is it such a secret?" the Doctor says tapping his chin.

"I can't Adam and Eve it" {Y/N} and the Doctor look at Rose.

"What's, what's. what's with the voice?" the Doctor asks.

"What voice?" Rose asks, obviously confused.

"Oh, I don't know. Just larking about. New Earth, new me" Rose says.

"Well, I can talk. New New Doctor" the Doctor chuckles, Rose looks at {Y/N} with her head tilted.

"Hey, {Y/N}, you ok?" Rose asks, {Y/N}'s nose twitches and she turns to the Doctor.

"Mmm, aren't you just..." the Doctor looks at her confused before she grabs him and kisses him, Rose stares wide eyed and looks around trying not to stare, a few seconds later {Y/N} pulls away and coughs "terminal's this way. Phew" she walks ahead leaving a stunned Rose and a blushing Doctor, he looks to Rose and straightens his tie.

"Yep, still got it" he says, his voice coming out slightly higher than his normal tone, Rose quickly drags him behind her following {Y/N}.

*Time skip*

"Nope, nothing odd. Surgery, post-op, nano-dentistry. No sign of a shop. They should have a shop" the Doctor says, still confused as to why they still don't have a shop.

"No, it's missing something else. When I was downstairs, those Nurse Cat Nuns were talking about Intensive Care. Where is it?" Rose asks.

"You're right. Well done" he replies, {Y/N} stands beside the Doctor looking at the ground.