Ch1 Shopping Trip

"Before we arrive at the next planet we have to make a stop at the local galaxy super store. I need to buy some parts for the ship." Coran announces.

Allura clasps her hands together excitedly. "Ooh, can we go shopping too Coran? Can we please?"

"I think sometimes you forget that you're, you know...a princess." Hunk speaks up.

"Oh, yes, of course." Allura stands up proudly. "I hereby decree that Coran must give us all an allowance to go shopping!"

Coran frowns as all the paladins rejoice.

.

The Voltron team are standing in the lobby of the super store, gazing around in awe.

"Alright. We meet back here in exactly two vargas, got it?" Coran orders.

The paladins all lazily murmur in agreement before quickly dispersing. Allura and Shiro go off to explore the shops while Hunk and Pidge head straight for the food court.

"Coran, mind if I come with you?" Keith asks. "I wonna see if I can find anything to upgrade my motorbike."

"Sure thing." Coran agrees before beginning to walk off.

Keith hesitates and turns to Lance. "Are you coming?"

"Nah, I'll just hang. Maybe pick up a few chicks." Lance says casually.

Keith rolls his eyes and follows after Coran.

.

"Looks like we've finally found a use for that robot arm." Allura says happily as she piles more shopping bags into Shiro's arms.

"I'm...I'm pretty sure it was meant to be a weapon." Shiro replies.

"It is. Think of it as attacking this store's supplies." Allura says passionately.

Meanwhile, Hunk and Pidge have spent almost all of their money on food.

"I think we've tried everything in the food court." Pidge says. "It's been a while, should we start heading back?"

Hunk gasps and points to something up ahead. Pidge follows his gaze to see a tiny, plastic spaceship-one of those toy vehicles in shopping centres that kids can bounce around in.

Hunk rushes up to it eagerly and squeezes inside. "I love these things!"

"You're going to waste the last of your money on a kids toy?" Pidge questions.

Hunk ignores Pidge and slots a few coins into the little spaceship...but nothing happens.

"Pidge," Hunk whines. "It's not working!"

Pidge sighs. "Okay, get out. I'll see if I can fix it up for you."

Hunk climbs out of the tiny spaceship and Pidge opens up the panel in the back to start tinkering.

Keith hadn't found anything in the hardware store that he understood so he decided to start heading back. On his way, he ran into Pidge and Hunk.

Keith leans against the front of the small spaceship. "Hey guys, what are you doing?"

"Trying to get this thing to work." Hunk answers as he munches on the free samples he had collected.

"Hmmm..." Pidge grabs two wires and connects them.

The spaceship blasts forward, scooping up Keith in the process. He screams in terror as the tiny toy shoots through the air across the mall. Pidge and Hunk watch him disappear into the distance before turning to look at each other.