Ch2 Sand Surfing

Make sure to vote so I know you're enjoying the story! ♡
.
.
Voltron is currently traveling the galaxy to collect supporters and allies. They have landed on a desert-like planet which the paladins aren't too keen on, as there is not much to do.

Lance forces a polite laugh as he talks to a group of girls from the village nearby. He's met countless girls, had countless female fans swooning over him, and yet none of them spike his interest. Others call him a playboy, they say he has a new crush every week, but is it so wrong of him? He is searching for something special, why would he settle for just any one of these girls? Lance has always been looking for that burning desire called love. The type of love that he always used to read about as a kid. The type of love in the romance movies he and his mom would watch together. Others think he is driven by lust, interested in every girl he sees, but in reality he hasn't met a single girl that he is interested in. He's driven by curiosity, the yearning to find a lifelong companion. It's true that Lance likes to busy himself with the endless attention of these girls, but perhaps it is only to distract him. A temporary relief for his void of emotion.

But it's still lonely....and boring.

"Having fun hanging around the fans?"

Lance turns to see Keith walking by with a board in hand. A burning excitement suddenly lights within Lance's chest. Bugging Keith always lifts his mood. Lance disregards the girls he was in the middle of a conversation with to greet Keith. Seeing him seems to cause happiness to bubble up inside of Lance, but he chooses not to show it.

"Where are you going?" Lance asks. "The hairdresser, I hope."

"I'm gonna go surf the sand dunes." Keith answers, completely ignoring Lance's last comment.

Keith continues on his way, and Lance follows. After a few steps, Keith turns to him questionably.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm coming with you." Lance says.

"Oh...Okay, sure." Keith replies.

Lance quickens his pace so he can walk beside Keith. "I bet I can sand surf better than you. Wonna have a competition to see who can ride the fastest?"

Keith smiles. "It's not going to be much of a competition. I'm the paladin of the red lion, the fastest pilot of Voltron."

"We'll let the sand do the talking." Lance says, shoving his hands in his pockets.

"Yeah, cuz your mouth will be full of it after you face plant." Keith retorts.

Lance lets out a small snort. It may look like fighting to outsiders, but he enjoys the teasing. It's certainly more entertaining than the mindless blabber of the girls he occupies himself with. Lance is buzzing with energy just being around Keith. He is no longer lonely, or bored.

Keith and Lance reach the sand dunes and climb to the top of one of the highest hills. Exhausted and out of breath, Lance collapses and dramatically drags himself the last few feet. Keith heaves a heavy breath and sits down himself.

"Ha! Out-Out of breath...already?" Lance wheezes as he pulls himself to his feet. "I'm not tired at all!"

"We have time to rest, we still need to-" Keith starts.

"Watch this!" Lance interrupts, grabbing Keith's board from his hands.

Lance throws the board down, jumps onto it and readies his stance...

But nothing happens.

Lance repeatedly pushes at the board and shuffles his body, achieving barely centimetres of movement. Keith sits back and watches with his legs crossed. He wonders if he should intervene...but then again, this is a magnificent view of Lance's ass. Keith tilts his head slightly as he admires Lance's cute butt.