Ch29 Keithy Keith treatment

"Lance!" Hunk yells happily as he squeezes Lance in his arms. "You're okay!"

Lance wheezes, half because he has lost his voice, half because he can't breathe.

Pidge adjusts her glasses and peers at Lance. "I'm surprised to see you're still alive."

"The flower wasn't deadly, Pidge." Shiro says.

"No, I was expecting Keith to kill him. The last time Lance was remotely sick, Keith acted like a psychopath." Pidge answers.

"If you all care so much then why was I the only one looking after Lance in the castle while you all had a leisurely vacation in the treehouses?!" Keith snaps.

"Well, there was a lot of professional collation, er, stuff to take care of." Shiro excuses.

"Yes, unavoidable." Allura agrees.

"And I was researching the flower to see if I could find a cure." Pidge lies.

"Me too!" Coran insists. "I was also doing that thing."

"I just really like sleep and Lance was screaming very loudly," Hunk says as he releases Lance. "Sorry bud."

"At least Hunk is honest." Keith says with a frown. "I know you all just didn't want to be here."

"In my defence it was certainly not a vacation in those damn treehouses—I was getting eaten alive by bugs I didn't even know existed!" Pidge replies.

"Well I'm tired and deaf so if you'll excuse me, I'm going to take a shower and go to sleep." Keith says before turning to leave.

Shiro smiles as he watches Keith leave. "He acts like it was such a hassle but he was the most determined to take care of Lance."

Hunk nods along and brings a hand to his mouth to whisper, "I actually wasn't being honest just now. I was really worried about Lance but I was too scared to get in Keith's way. He's scary when Lance is sick!"

Lance chuckles as much as he can before he starts to cough.

"So, anything interesting happen while we were gone?" Asks Pidge.

Lance chokes and coughs harder, his face turning red. His shakes his head and waves his hands frantically in denial.

"Alright don't exert yourself." Shiro says as he pats Lance's back gently. "You should probably get some more rest."

Lance nods and quickly paces away before anyone can question him any further. His heartbeat quickens as he thinks about Keith. He misses Keith's warmth already. He yearns to see his smile, to hear his voice, to feel his touch...

Lance's body seems to move on it's own and before he knows it, he is headed straight for Keith's room. The metal doors swish open as Lance walks inside. He looks up and immediately stops dead in his tracks, wheezing a high-pitched squeal.

Keith is standing there, looking perfect as ever, in nothing but a towel wrapped round his waist.

"S-Sorry!" Lance manages to choke out, heat rising to his skin.

Keith cracks a smile with that cute little chuckle of his. "We've gone swimming in our underwear together, it's nothing you haven't seen."

Keith walks closer to Lance. He was merely being polite instead of continuing their conversation from across the room, but Lance finds the closeness extremely flustering.

"Seriously, ever heard of knocking? I was just about to get in the shower." Keith says. "You should be doing the same. You've been bathing in your own sweat for almost three days."