Ch10 Aftermath

"Keith and Lance are safe." Pidge tells her teammates over the communicator. "I've got them both with me. We're heading back now."

As soon as the green lion arrives in the castle, Keith and Lance scramble away and shut themselves in their rooms.

Hunk, who had also just gotten back from his search, turns to question Pidge. "What's with them?"

"Isolation can do weird things to people." Pidge answers.

"Oh, totally! They're probably rushing off to the kitchen." Hunk says. "I would be starving if I was them too."

"Uh, sure..." Pidge replies.

.

Lance leans against the shower wall with his head rested on his arm. Surely after tonight he should be sick of pelting water, but he needed to clear his head.

Lance stares down at his relentless boner. There is only one way to get rid of this thing but every time he touches it...he thinks of Keith's touch.

Lance's mind flashes back to their embrace in that cave. The warmth of Keith's body, the sensation of his bare skin touching Lance's, his hot breath on Lance's neck and of course, the split second in which Keith accidentally rubbed Lance's erection.

Lance's lower member throbs. He can't hold back anymore. Little does he know that at this very moment Keith is also thinking of the accidental touch, and is having his own fun with that very same hand.

.

The next morning Lance walks into the kitchen to find it empty a part from Keith.

"Morning Lance." Keith greets happily.

Lance's heart skips a beat.

"M-Mor..n..." Lance slurs.

Keith raises a puzzled eyebrow. "Would you like some cereal? I was about to get myself some. Hunk isn't up yet and there's no way I can cook."

Keith's words drown out as he reaches up to the top shelf to grab the cereal box. His shirt lifts up a little, displaying his v-line. For some reason Lance's first thought is how kissable Keith's stomach looks. Lance's cheeks instantly flare up. He clasps a hand over his mouth and looks away.

"What's the matter? Do you feel sick?" Keith asks worriedly.

He sets the cereal box down on the counter and steps closer to Lance.

"No! No, no." Lance says, stumbling back. "I'm fine! Perfectly fine."

Keith frowns, his eyes filled with concern. "You sure? It was freezing last night in the storm, maybe you caught a cold? You look pretty flushed to me."

Keith reaches out and barely touches Lance's forehead before Lance shifts back in alarm.

"You're burning!" Keith says. "Lance, you should go lay down."

"M-Maybe you're right...I do feel a little feverish." Lance replies.

It turned out Lance does have a slight fever. He felt strangely relieved, as this meant he had a justified excuse for getting so hot and flustered earlier. Keith, on the other hand, was not so relaxed.

Keith bursts into Lance's room carrying a large bundle of blankets, which he piles on top of Lance.

"Keith!" Lance kicks and flails his limbs as he struggles to get out of the blankets. "T-Too many blankets!"

Keith immediately throws all of the blankets off of Lance. "Sorry! Are you more comfortable now? I got you chicken soup!"

Keith shoves a bowl of hot soup into Lance's hands.

"I-I'm fine," Lance says awkwardly as he places the bowl aside. "I thought you couldn't cook?"

"Oh I didn't make that, I just woke up Hunk and demanded he cook you some." Keith replies. "I also got you some orange juice, I hear the vitamins are good for you when you're sick—or is that lemonade? Ah, I can't remember!"

Lance's bedroom door slides open and the rest of his teammates step inside.

"Hey buddy, how are you feeling?" Asks Hunk.

"I'm—" Lance starts.

"Can't you see he's sick!" Keith stresses. "Can't we put him in a healing pod?"

"Keith, it's a cold." Allura says.

"He's got a fever." Keith corrects.

"A slight fever." Pidge responds.

"Keith, you need to calm down." Shiro says. "Lance isn't dying."

"Do you know how scary it was to wake up with a knife to my throat and some crazy guy screaming for chicken soup?" Hunk says. "I'm traumatised, Keith. I don't know if I can ever face chicken soup again."

"Lance needed food." Keith replies.

"You threatened me with your knife, Keith!" Hunk exclaims, throwing his arms up.

"You're exaggerating." Keith says.

Hunk crosses his arms. "Am I?"

"Yeah, one minute I was sleeping soundly and the next Keith came barging into my room and stole all my sheets." Pidge says.

"What if the blankets from my room weren't enough?" Keith replies defensively.

The sound of a soft chuckle interrupts the team's bickering. They all turn to face Lance, who laughs shortly before starting to cough.

Keith gently pats his back. "Sorry Lance, are we being too loud?"

"You're all idiots." Lance chuckles, choking on his words.

He clears his throat and calms his breathing but Keith's hand stays on his back.

"Would you like some water?" Keith asks as he softly rubs Lance's back.

Lance's cheeks flush pink. Keith's soft strokes feel so loving and comforting.

"I'm okay..." Lance answers. "Thanks."

Their teammates watch in awe.

"Aw, Keith, you're acting like a total Hunk." Pidge says.

"Did you just use my name as a descriptive noun?" Hunk replies.

"I didn't know Keith had the capacity to provide motherly care." Coran says, stroking his moustache with interest.

"Motherly?" Keith repeats in repulse.

"Are you kidding?" Shiro laughs. "He couldn't even take care of a goldfish."

"Bubbles was just old, Shiro!" Keith argues sensitively. "He died a natural death after a long and healthy life!"

"I asked you to take care of him when I left for the garrison and you forgot to feed him." Shiro says.

Pidge doubles over with laughter, clutching her ribs.

"Guys, I think we should all leave Lance alone to rest." Hunk steps in.

"Hunk is right," Allura agrees. "Come, paladins."

"I'll stay and watch over him." Keith says.

"No, Keith. Lance needs rest." Shiro replies.

Keith looks back at Lance sadly.

"I'll be fine." Lance assures him. He can't help but smile at the puppy dog pout of the once tough emo.

Keith sighs glumly and leaves the room with the rest of his team.